➳ chapter thirteen

There were only a few lights lit in the Lee's house—the kitchen, and the living room—where the siblings chose to stay late at as their favorite late night show was on

When the two first arrived in Seoul, their days were all spent staying at home and just walking by the Han River with their grandparents as the two seniors couldn't find the time to stroll their grandchildren in bigger tourist spots due to their busyness in starting up the café. So the siblings found remedy in watching tons and tons of Korean variety shows or movies, binge watching till midnight.

It was not at all boring. In fact, it was fun feeling different emotions in the various shows they've watched. This particular show they're currently watching hasn't ended yet, and they wish it never ends.

While the post credits were flashing, Minhee felt her side sore. So she nudged her brother who was relaxed on the long couch, and told him to switch places with her as she was laying sideways on the floor with a single throw pillow under her head.

Mark scoffed but nonetheless did as she requested. Minhee slumped on the soft couch, a satisfied grunt resounding as her body relaxed.

"Ah, Oppa," she called upon remembering. "Did you and Halmeoni talk... about Mom?"

The older pursed his lips together as he mindlessly switched to different channels. "Hmm... she said they're doing fine, just busy with the house, you know? They're gonna come home soon, don't worry, Mae."

Minhee found it plausible enough, nodding her head hesitantly even though she wanted to hear more about her parents left in Canada.

Mark nibbled on his lower lip and continued browsing through the different shows displayed on the tv, mind flooded with hesitations.

"Let's try that one!" Minhee pointed at one K-Drama, and though Mark didn't find it interesting enough, he didn't argue.

***

When the classes ended, Minhee discussed a few things with her groupmates regarding their research. After their discussion, Minhee turned around to find no Jaemin on his chair. The girl guessed he must've gone to the library ahead of her, and so she packed up her things and went for the library.

On the way, she passed by Hana and Sooji's classroom and heard a pretty loud whine from inside. A short girl with a large pout on her lips, reaching her hand up to grab a notebook from a taller boy's hand. Minhee chuckled at the sight, then waved at Sooji when their eyes met.

"Tutor?" Sooji yelled, and Minhee nodded in reply.

The hallways were pretty packed and banners were plastered on every corner. There must be a basketball game of some sort. Girls were squealing and though it was enough to make someone deaf, Minhee couldn't easily comprehend their words due to its pitchiness.