➳ chapter eleven

After gathering the scattered pieces of the cardboards, Jeno remained carrying them in his arms

"Let me take that," Minhee reached for the cardboards but Jeno casually dodged her.

"No, it's fine. Where do you need to bring these?" Minhee was skeptical, thinking that the boy might be busy with other things.

"It's okay, I can carry them."

"Were you on your way to the library or to the classroom?" The girl only stared at the boy, and Jeno quickly got the expression on her face. "I got nothing else to do anyway so, I'm free to give you a hand."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup. So where to?" Seeing the sweet smile on the boy's attractive face, Minhee's cheeks warmed up as she was taken aback. Their schoolmates didn't lie when they said Jeno has, if not one of, the most angelic smile in campus. He seems like a great guy, reserved, but it marvels Minhee how a guy like him would be friends with Jaemin – a casanova by heart.

Minhee and Jeno were never really close. They were casual around each other as they've worked on a project together as a whole batch 3 months ago. Jeno being the president of his class, and Minhee being one of the ones in-charge of appointing tasks, discussions between the two were inevitable.

"Classroom."

And so, the pair began to stride towards Minhee's homeroom, silence filling the gap between them. Jeno glanced at the lass, and asked, "So, what are these for? A project?"

"Yeah. The one Miss Seol assigned yesterday. Hasn't she told your class yet?"

"We didn't meet her yesterday 'cause she had a meeting."

"Oh, right." Her lips formed into a pout, force of habit. "What about you? Why are you by yourself? I usually see you around with your friends."

Jeno's brows rose as he glanced at Minhee. As though he was exhausted, a tired chuckle left his lips. "They have their own thing. Plus, I'm too lazy to deal with them right now."

The lass was surprised to say the least at how the boy replied. "Sounds like a lot to take in, huh."

"Ah, you have no idea." He rolled his eyes, earning a laugh from Minhee.

Before they know i—since they got immersed in their own conversation that swung by different topics—they were already in front of Minhee's homeroom where they found Sooji and Geurim standing by the whiteboard. Scribbles and different writings stating their disdain of the difficult topics they were discussing that week, imbrued the whiteboard.