➳ chapter five

First quarter ended

First quarter ended. The students crowded the bulletin board in the lobby that displayed the list of ranking of each grade level. After the nerve-wrecking examinations last week, came the weekend that were spent by Minhee trying to put behind the worries she has for the upcoming ranking.

"You got to chill, Minhee," Mark nudged her on the side, pushing through the sea of students, their eyes looking up to the list.

As soon as they arrived in school, he was quickly pulled by his sister to get to the lobby after hearing one of the students tell her friend group that it already was already out.

Murmurs and whispers flew throughout the area as Minhee found her name in the fourth place of the list of her class.

"Congrats, sis."

Minhyung lightly tapped her shoulder, a proud grin tugging on his lips as he went on going to his class's list to find his name as well. As Minhee made a run down on the list, her eyes flickered on the name at the bottom of it.

Na Jaemin.

"She's just a new student, right?"

"Maybe she's that smart?"

"Or! She waved her money to the teachers?"

"Oh yeah! She must be rich, heard she's from Canada."

"I think she's just smart enough to go fourth in ranking."

"It's not like she's the first. No one could ever beat Hwayoung—"

"Heol. Hwayoung's now in 9th place."

"Oh my god, don't you have anything else to do?" Geurim saw the girl in the middle of the swarm of people and pulled her almost immediately upon hearing their whispers.

"Minhee-ya! Yah! Where are you? Mae!"

The students let the senior boy through as he noticed his sister's disappearance from beside him. Minhee turned to the crowd again and saw Mark furrowing his brows as he searches for her. She waved her hand to him as Geurim went on glaring at the students earlier.

"Goodness," Mark huffed, glancing at the group of girls who are now accompanying his sibling.

"Hey, congratulations, my best girl!" Hana engulfed the lass into a tight hug, taking Minhee by surprise who could only let out an awkward chuckle.

When the four girls entered the class, Donghyuk and Jaemin had just came and was in their own world, until Donghyuk caught the sight of his target.

As soon as Geurim sat on her chair, the melanin toned boy walked to her with a smirk on his face.

"What now?" the girl had an annoyed expression as she bored her eyes on him who suddenly leant to her face, causing her to back away in instinct.

That was close..