➳ chapter eighteen

The skies emmited a gorgeous hue of pink, orange and purple, the school road taken by a few students on their way home or to the academy

The skies emmited a gorgeous hue of pink, orange and purple, the school road taken by a few students on their way home or to the academy. One of which was Geurim sprinting away from Minhee who was too stunned to even call her out.

Puzzled, Minhee watched the girl's leaving figure down the road. She didn't know what just happened. They were just going out with Jaemin and Donghyuk ahead of them, Geurim not speaking anything regarding the reason she came to be adrift earlier, and then the next thing she knows, Geurim's parting ways with them, claiming she has to do some errands at home, giving no chance for Minhee to question it as she waved goodbye, leaving almost instantly.

Slowing down his pace and quieting Donghyuk's oddly nonsensical sharing, Jaemin looked back and waited for Minhee to catch up with them. He furrowed his brows as he flickered his gaze around, searching for the girl who was just with Minhee.

"Where's Geurim?" Jaemin asked, then glanced at Donghyuk who appeared nonchalant. This guy's definitely hiding something, he thought.

Minhee threw her thumb, directed to where Geurim just headed. "She... she left."

"Oh." Jaemin threw the same look Minhee has, to his friend who raised a brow at him.

"Let's go?" Donghyuk motioned them to get going, and though Jaemin and Minhee craved for some answer to the obviously awkward atmosphere Donghyuk and Geurim built, they followed Donghyuk's leading.

The crowded, busy radiant streets of Myeongdong greeted the three teenagers, their eyes feasting on the mouth-watering street foods and delicacies in every stall they stride past. Minhee felt her stomach grumble, only then realizing how she's been neglecting the demands of it.

Donghyuk led them and turned as if he knew the market like the palm of his hand to which Minhee threw an amused look at Jaemin who she was with, walking behind the melanin-toned boy.

"He's always like this," Jaemin said when he caught her eyes. "Don't worry though, he may look unhinged sometimes but he's got the best food recommendations, trust me."

"Oh."

Trying to catch up with Donghyuk and Jaemin's speedy pace, Minhee almost tripped but thankfully got her balance back by herself, though Jaemin reached her arm but was too late to pick her.

Jaemin sent her a concerned stare. "You okay?"

The girl chuckled and nodded. "I'm fine."

As there were more people thronging the streets, Jaemin pulled the hem of Minhee's sleeve before taking her wrist to not lose her, pulling her towards where Donghyuk was. She was slightly taken aback by the contact but brushed it off eventually, as the semi-restaurant that Donghyuk chose to eat at loomed over them.

"Finally." Jaemin sighed, rubbing his stomach as he stepped inside the familiar restaurant that served Korean street foods, several tables occupied as the smell of the ingredients danced through the area.