➳ chapter nineteen

"Is this the infamous new girl?"

Minhee blinked at the two girls heading towards her, a dark energy radiating Hwayoung who settled her eyes deeply on her. Minhee stumbled a few steps back when Hyojin, the girl next to Hwayoung, leant close to her face and examined her with scrutinizing orbs.

"Oh. Hello there." Minhee timidly greeted, tucking a few loose strands of her hair behind her right ear. "What're you guys doing here?"

"Well, since you asked, we came here to visit a cafe. Then came in time just to see some girl whoring Na Jaemin. Did you happen to see her around?" Hyojin harshly uttered, glowering at the foreign girl.

"What do you mean?" Minhee was not unwitting of what the girl was hinting at, nevertheless, she faced her dauntlessly.

"Drop the innocent act, new girl. It doesn't suit you." A forced wide smile spread across Hyojin's face, whilst her eyes were sending Minhee a forewarning.

"I'm not, Hyojin," Minhee muttered with gritted teeth. A smirk planted on Hwayoung's lips as she scoffed.

"Really?" Hwayoung pushed her shoulder, hard enough to make Minhee tumble back a step. "Is this how you work your way to Jaemin? Play dumb and innocent? How come a nobody like you is so confident that you can get him? Huh?"

"I'm not trying to get with anybody." Minhee glared back at her, gulping down a few drops of anger slowly wanting to erupt from within.

"That's not what your looks were trying to say earlier, Minhee–when you were ogling your eyes on my Jaemin."

"I don't know what's wrong with you, or what she's feeding your mind." She pointed at Hyojin who raised her brow in amusement and distaste. "But you got this all wrong." She faced Hwayoung again.

"No, you got me all wrong, Lee Minhee." Hwayoung roughly tugged on Minhee's forearm, jolting her close as her eyes intensified. "You don't know me, and you wouldn't want to try me. Don't even think you can have Jaemin. He's mine."

Minhee snorted at her last words, cringing internally. "If you're so sure he's yours, why are you so threatened I would make him mine?"

Conflicted, Hwayoung's grip on Minhee loosened as her brows creased. She glanced at Hyojin who arched a brow at Minhe's retort, surprised at her comeback.

Minhee grabbed Hwayoung's hand on her and strongly took it off, not ending their blistering eye contact. "He's all yours, Hwayoung. Go swallow him whole." She tapped the girl on the shoulder twice and left without any second glance.

"Gosh, she's horrible. . ." She mumbled under her breath as she walked to the bus station. "That Hyojin's working in her mind." Shaking her head, she waited until the scheduled bus arrived in front of her.