➳ chapter two

Lunch time

Lunch time. More like a complete-chaos-time in the cafeteria, with all the students barging in from different classes and levels. A bunch of teenagers absolutely ready to devour the food that's awaiting them after long boring periods.

And Minhee was just one of the crowds in the vicinity, along with the friends Geurim, her newfound friend, promised to introduce to her.

"So!" Hana, the very enthusiastic girl from the other class (right beside Minhee's), started as they lined up to get food. "You said you're from Canada. You must be fluent in English,"

"That's already a given, Hana-ya. You said so yourself, Minhee's from Canada." Sooji, another girl from the same class as Hana retorted, scoffing.

"Okay! No need to be all grumpy, HanSoo." The other huffed, bubbling the insides of her chubby plump cheeks that Minhee found so adorable and squeezeable (if that's even a word).

"When did you come here?" Sooji inquired as she waited for her tray to be filled with all the side dishes beside Geurim who was just listening to their exchanges. 

"Uhm.. I think about two months now?"

"Ooooh!" Hana cooed, "I'm guessing you haven't strolled around that much, yeah?"

"I guess.."

"Ooooh!" She cooed again. "Maybe you should come with us this weekend. We were just planning on shopping around Myeongdong,"

"Right! You should come with us. You mustn't miss it." Geurim agreed, leading the other girls to their usual table.

Once they finally settled, they resumed their random talks. Mostly about the rumors that were going about the school, ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL which were mainly initiated by Hana. Her eagle eyes roaming around the area as if she's searching for her target for the next topic.

The other two girls could only heave a sigh as if they're done with their dear friend whilst Minhee was the only one listening attentively to Hana's wonderful sharing.  

"Oh! Oh! Geurim-a, Geurim-a!" the girl chirped, clutching the other's sleeve.

The latter lazily bored her eyes on her. "Hmm?"

"Sicheng Oppa's coming over this weekend. That's why it's so timely for us to go shopping. I can't waste the opportunity. I have to look very very pretty. No, beautiful. Wait! Irresistible. Maybe batting my eyes will make him fall for me this time,"

"Don't you always do that?" the waist-length hair girl's brows knit.

"Yeah, seems like it's not working?" Sooji agreed.

"Oh, come on, you guys!" the chubby cheek lass whined, pouting her full lips.

Minhee could only laugh at the trio's funny conversation. Clearly, the girls had already established a bond that's hard to break and she can't wait to be part of them. Before they even make the girl cry of her misfortune in her attempt love life, Hana started blabbering about how crazy handsome her crush was, and Minhee's contagious laugh resonated their group that even some of the ones near them looked at their way because of the transferee's loud giggle.