➳ chapter fourteen

"Wow, she's hot

"Wow, she's hot."
"Crazy hot, dude!"
"Is she a new student?"
"I mean she's not that pretty..."
"I feel like I've seen her before."
"Meh."

Whispers and whistles resounded inside the room when a girl hotter than the scorching sun of summer entered. The girl was insanely pretty—a decent amount of makeup lathered on her face. She smiled at the boys she walked past, all the males' eyes glued on her angelic face and attractive body, while the girls mostly roll their eyes and gasp in astonishment.

The supposed new girl set her eyes on Jaemin, a flirtatious grin painting on her lips and there she made her mark. She shamelessly stood in front of Jaemin who never bored his eyes on her, not even once.

She cleared her throat to gain his attention, only for it to fail. Donghyuk was thrilled enough to accommodate such a pretty face and so, he grinned at her as he leant closer to Jaemin to be able to get into the girl's focus.

"Do you want to sit here, beautiful?"

"I want to sit next to Jaemin," she bluntly replied, not turning her eyes away from Jaemin who glanced at her with his brows furrowed. Now that he saw her face, she looked oddly familiar.

Donghyuk cocked an eyebrow at this, smirking at his friend's way. "Ooh, well... here. This seat is now vacant."

He kicked the boy sitting on the other side of Jaemin and grandly presented it to the girl with a big a smile on his face. The kicked out boy was startled that he fell on the ground, his eyesglasses almost falling off.

Minhee heard the commotion behind her and turned back in concern, but her eyes were met with Jaemin's that were already boring on her. She quickly flickered her eyes to the boy on the floor and winced, feeling pity for him.

The new girl sent Donghyuk a small smile then sat on the now vacant chair. Jaemin shifted to the other side, clearing his throat as he removed his ankle from leaning on the girl's right arm rest. He felt uncomfortable with the way the girl stared at him.

"So..." Donghyuk started, eyeing the new face. "Are you from another school or from heaven?"

Geurim scoffed at what she heard from the back but kept silent. Real smooth, Lee Donghyuk.

"I've been here since kindergarten. Don't you remember me anymore, Donghyuk?" The girl narrowed her eyes at the lad who got confused and tried to recollect if he had encountered her in the past.

"How could I forget the face of a beautiful lady?"

"Seems like you did."

"No way. What's your name? For sure I would know."

She leant forward, pushing her chest upright to showcase her nametag. Donghyuk's eyes bored on the tag and immediately, his face fell.

"Do Hwayoung..."