➳ chapter twenty-four

Where is he?

Where is he?

Minhee flipped her wrist to see the time on her wristwatch, its short hand dwelling on 7 whilst the longer hand was on its way to tick 6. She had already bought the tickets for their agreed movie, yet even Jaemin's ghost could not be seen.

"What's taking him so long?" She clicked her lips as she checked her phone in hopes of receiving any replies to her texts.

The movie was about to start in 5 minutes. She didn't bother waiting for him outside as she didn't like the hassle of having people watch her whilst making her way to her seat at the very top corner.

Whilst mindlessly watching the people coming in, a notification clink rang causing her to immediately gaze down to her phone to see a message from the devil.

Casanova 🏴‍☠️

Did you get in already?

Yes
Where are you??  🤨

Missing me already? 🤨🥰
Omwww

You better hurry up
It's starting

Tell them to wait for me 💚💚💚

Sent an attachment

Oh sht it really is
I'm at the mall entrance

Run boi 🏃‍♂️💨

The theater dimmed as the lights slowly fade, the chatter of the people toning down. Minhee focused her eyes on the screen as she turned her phone silent. There were still some people entering, and she internally hoped one of them would already be her tardy student.

A woman was seated beside her, clutching on the arm of her partner on her other side. Minhee deemed them to be in their mid 30s and adorable. It was obvious that the guy was more reserved, and the girl more playful, whispering funny commentaries which her partner would snort at in the most discrete way in fear of bothering others.

They're so chill. I love it.

The teenager smiled as she flickered her eyes down to zip up her black jacket, and brought it up to her nose due to the cold air that gushed down her direction from the air conditioner.

A cup was placed in her cup holder, making her trace the source.

His eyes sparked as he grinned, his cheek glowing from the reflection of the light coming from the large screen all the while he was sitting carefully next to her.

"What'd I miss?" He asked, placing another cup, now in his own cup holder.

Minhee remained her orbs on him, her brows twitching as she debated whether she saw it right. "I think you have some dirt on the corner of your lips."