➳ chapter three

The familiar tune of the end of classes infiltrated the hallway and through the rooms that caused every student to release a breath of relief that finally, school's over

Picking herself up from her chair, Minhee looked over Geurim who was sending daggers at Donghyuk's direction. She then chose to ignore them and went on strapping her bag as she roamed her eyes around until it halted at the window side where she saw her brother subtly nodding at her way.

Bidding her goodbye to her seatmate, the young lass strode to her brother and together, they headed home.

"Have you finally found some friends?" She asked, brows creasing in anticipation as the school gate came into view.

"Nope."

"What? Mark, that's so not you!"

Minhyung was frankly more extroverted compared to her sister. That's why it was a bit of a shocker that Minhee had made more friends than him.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "It's not like it's a piece of cake, Mae."

The latter's eyebrows twitched. "Even just potential ones?"

"Okay, maybe a few."

When Mark went on a tour by himself around school, he went pass through the gym where he heard some voices echoing inside, shoes squeaking against the polished floor of the basketball court that he presumed.

Entering through the grey shaded metal door, three guys playing around with a basketball greeted him. Upon noticing a new presence, the guys paused, glancing over Minhyung.

Four years in the same school had pretty much benefited them of getting familiar with all of the faces they pass by every day. And seeing the senior, they could easily tell that he's new around the place.

Minhyung didn't intend to disrupt them having a good time, so he awkwardly thought of leaving eventually. However, Donghyuk took in notice how the new guy's features were painfully similar with his new classmate.

What was her name again?

"You wanna play?" Chenle, a year lower than them, beat him to it, offering the older whilst swirling the ball with his index finger as he approached him.

Minhyung, in return, hesitantly agreed and came to them, hands stuck inside his pocket.

The Chinese lad threw him the ball in which he thankfully caught and contemplated to shoot the ball through the ring. Nevertheless, he did and missed it.

Jeno took the ball as it bounced on the ground. Minhyung mentally cursed in his head but only plastered an uneasy chuckle.

"You're a new student, right?" Jeno guessed, tossing the ball to Chenle who held it close after, focusing now on conversing with the transferee.