Phone call

I woke up to Luke throwing a pillow at me. "Get up we're going to the sandlot!"

"Alright, alright I'm coming!" I was annoyed because he threw a pillow at me but also happy to go to the sandlot and see the boys. I got dressed and went downstairs. My parents were at work so we had to make our own breakfast. Benny, Hannah and Luke were already sitting at the table on there phone they all looked tired. Probably because we stayed up kinda late. "Well aren't we wide awake." I said giggling a little. "Be quiet you were just as tired as us before you got out of bed." Luke said seriously but then laughed a little. I rolled my eyes playfully and got some cereal. I sat down and grabbed my phone.

When we were done eating I guess Hannah decided she didn't want to go and she made Luke take her home. I don't know what her problem was. Me and Benny walked to the sandlot with a comfortable conversation. I got a text from Luke saying he wasn't going to the sandlot. "I guess Luke's not coming." I said. "Why?" Benny asked. "I don't know probably making out with Hannah." I joked. "Oh." Benny laughed.

We got there and most the boys were already there. "Where's Luke?" Bertram asked. "I don't exactly know but I'm pretty sure he's at Hannah's house." I said. "Oh so he ditched us for a girl." Ham said. "Yeahhh." I said sarcastically. "Wow, rude." Squints said. "I know right." I laughed. When all the boys got here we started playing it was pretty hot out but it didn't bother me cause I was still used to it from Arizona. It was probably gonna get hot the next day and the boys were already complaining. Benny wasn't complaining much, I'm pretty sure he would still play even if it was raining, snowing, hailing, even at night if he could. "Guys stop complaining it's not even that hot! Look at Brooke she's fine." Benny yelled at the boys who were complaining in the outfield. "Yeah how are you not complaining Brooke it's boiling out here." Ham asked. "I'm from Arizona, it can get up to 120° - 130° where I'm from." I laughed. "Jeez and you survived." Ham said with his eyes wide. I laughed. "Well yeah you get used to it." I said. "Wow remind me not to go to Arizona." Ham said shaking his head. I laughed at his comment and went up to bat. I got in the correct stance. DeNunez pitched it then. Crack. I hit the ball and it went flying like always. I ran to first before they could get me out. "Nice job Brooke." Bertram said. "Thanks." I replied with a smile.

After baseball we all went home. Luke was sitting on the couch watching tv. I went upstairs to my room to shower and change. When I was done I went on my phone. I got a call from a random number and I answered it.

Brooke: Hello?

???: Hey it's Matt remember me?

Brooke: Oh yeah hey from the Arcade right?

Matt: Yeah. I just wanted to call and ask if you wanted to go out tomorrow night.

Brooke: Like a date?

Matt: Only if you want it to be.

Brooke: Yeah that sounds great, where and what time.

Matt: The arcade at 6?

Brooke: Sounds good, I love the arcade.

Matt: haha me too.

Brooke: Okay well see you tomorrow night then.

Matt: See you.

I didn't know what to think I liked Benny but he didn't like me. I think. He even said he didn't have time for girls. "Who was that?" My brother asked from the door way. "That was Matt from the arcade remember?" I replied.

"Oh yeah what did he want?"

"He asked me out!"

"Oh really?"

"What?"

"He hurts you I hurt him 10x worse."

Then he walked out of my room. I rolled my eyes and went downstairs for some food. I found some chips and sat on the couch next to Luke. "So where are you going for your date?" Luke asked.

"The arcade."

"Didn't you just go to the arcade?"

" Yeah so?"

"That's not very original."

"Yeah well the arcade never gets old."

"Whatever you do you."

I rolled my eyes and turned to the tv. After awhile I got tired to I went up to my room and laid down.

A/n

Sorry this ones short I didn't have any ideas.