Insults

I woke up to the smell of bacon filling my nose. I quickly got up and went downstairs. "Ah you smelt the bacon didn't you?" Luke said which caught me by surprise because Luke never cooks. "You are cooking?" I asked pointing. "Yes?"
"Who are you and what did you do with my brother?" I asked sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and pointed his gaze back to the food he was cooking. There was a knock at the door and I went to open it. I wasn't wearing much clothing just some shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I opened it and Benny, Ham and DeNunez were standing there. They looked at me and there eyes went why. I blushed a bit at the sight of Benny. We haven't talked since we almost kissed. Besides after but it was kinda awkward. "Uh we just came to ask if you were gonna play baseball." DeNunez asked. "Uh yeah I am I was just gonna eat breakfast." I replied. Then Luke came up from behind me. "You guys can join us if you like?" He asked. I nodded and they smiled. I'm sure they could smell the bacon. "Thanks!" They all said in sync. I giggled a bit and sat down. I sat in between Benny and DeNunez. I ate the slightly burnt bacon and the slightly overcooked pancakes. "Luke these are overcooked." I said laughing. He shrugged his shoulders and kept eating. We ate pretty fast because there wasn't that much food. I ran up and got changed and then ran back downstairs. I grabbed my glove and ran out the door trying to catch up with the boys. As I ran up I jumped on Benny back. "Take us to the sandlot!" I said pointing in the direction of the sandlot. Everyone laughed and we all ran with me still on Bennys back. We got there and I got off of Bennys back. We all laughed and went to the dug out where the rest of the boys were. "Jeez where have you guys been?" Squints asked throwing his hands in the air. "Sorry we took a pit stop." DeNunez said shrugging. "Where?" Squints asked. "At Brooke and Luke's house." Benny said grabbing a water. We were well at least the boys were out of breath from running especially Benny because he carried me. "Well let's play some ball!" I yelled grabbing my glove and Bennys bat. I walked over to the batters box and waited. I drew little circles with the bat in the ground.

Luke's POV

"So? Did you tell her yet?" One of the boys asked as Brooke went up to the batters box. "No... I tried but I got nervous."
"Well what happened at the carnival?" I asked.
"Well we went on some rides and we went on the Ferris wheel and we were about to kiss but it got interrupted..." he said playing with his fingers. "You almost kissed her!" Squints yelled. "Well why didn't you!" Bertram yelled. "Yeah yeah why."
"Come on Benny man you can't just keep this from Brooke!"
All the boys yelled. "Keep what from me?" I heard Brookes voice from behind us. We all got startled and screamed. "Nothing!" We all said after we screaming. She looked at us questionably then just turned around. "That was close." Benny said shaking his head. "If you don't tell her I will." Ham said. "I'm gonna tell her! I just don't know how." Benny said putting his face in his hands. "Okay well think about it later for now let's play some ball." DeNunez said grabbing the ball. "Took you long enough!" Brooke yelled. "Sorry we were talking about...guy stuff!" I yelled back thinking of something to say. "Yeah whatever." She said rolling her eyes. She seemed mad though I wouldn't blame her she probably thought we were hiding something from her which we were, but it was for a good cause of Bennys crush. Which was Brooke. 

Brookes POV

I was kinda mad that the boys were keeping something from me. I mean I just watched Luke lie right threw his teeth. I knew when he was lying because he always pauses and rubs his neck. He still never knows how I know when he's lying. I got up to bat getting ready to let all my anger out on the ball. Hoping it would calm my nerves. DeNunez wound up to throw. He pitched and I hit as hard as I could.
"Crack!" The ball went flying and I think I saw an extra piece. I had busted the guts out of the ball. All the boys looked at the fallen piece while Smalls caught the ball. They all went and surrounded the piece. Smalls came in with the other piece of the ball. "Bitchen." One of the boys said. "Nah it ain't." I said annoyed because we can't play ball anymore. "Come on Brooklyn maybe only 2 or 3 guys in history ever busted the guts out of a ball,must be an omen." Squints said. "All it means is that we can't play no more, I mean it's only 12:00 and I just ruined the hole day for us." I said a bit more quieter. "No you didn't that's the most amazing thing I ever saw!" DeNunez said. "Anybody got any money?" Benny asked. "No." Everyone said. "See then it's not okay cause now we can't play no more." I said. "Yeah we can." Smalls said nodding. "What you got 98 extra cents lying around at home smalls?"benny asked. "No but I got a ball."
"Go get it!" We all yelled. We waited a bit for Smalls to come back with the ball. "I got the ball, I got it, I got the ball guys!" Smalls said repeatedly then handing it to Benny. "Here Benny I got it!" He said proudly of himself. "Bitchen your ball your ups, here you go." Benny said pointing then tossing him the ball. We all ran to our spots. "Batter up!" Ham said then putting his head gear up. "Heyyy batah batah batah!" We all yelled. He missed first shot but hit the second. "Yeah!" We all yelled while Ham yelled something that I couldn't understand. Benny ran to catch it but it went over the wall. He started running but stopped staring at the wall. "Hey uh smalls the base is that way!" Bertram yelled pointing. "Smalls!" We all yelled. I walked up next to him. "Oh no oh no." He said shaking his head. "Yeah nice hit Smalls nice hit. It's out of here! Who's got the big bat now boys yeah!" Benny said patting his back. He started walking over to the wall. "You forgot to turn! You go to third base!" Ham yelled pointing. "Smalls!?" We all questioned. "The hell is he doing?"
"Maybe the shock of his first home run was to much for him. We all walked over to him. "Smalls?" Smalls?" We all said. He slowly turned around. "We gotta get that ball back." He said scared. "Ohh yeah good one smalls."
We all laughed. "Hey forget about it man, we'll just get another ball."
"No you don't understand."
"Sure we do you feel bad that you belted a homer and now we can't play no more."
"No you don't understand that wasn't my ball!" I was a bit scared because Smalls was so worried. We all looked at him confused. "What do you mean that wasn't your ball?" Squints asked. "It was my stepdads. I stole it from his trophy room, some lady gave it to him, but we gotta get it back he's gonna kill me!" He yelled. "Ohh, listen to me Smalls, this is a matter of life and death where did your old man get that ball!" Squints asked putting his head in his glove. "What? I don't know some lady gave it to him why?" He said. "A lady?" We all questioned looking at each other. "Yeah she even signed her name on it. Some lady called Ruth, baby Ruth?" He said then it hit me. He had a ball that was signed by Babe Ruth and now it was gone to the beast. "Babe Ruth! Ahhhhhh!" We all yelled then ran to the fence. Benny was behind me as we looked. We saw the ball and the chain started moving. We all screamed and jumped down. We ran behind Smalls. "The beast got it!" DeNunez said. "Your dead as a door nail Smalls." Timmy said. "Your dead as a door nail Smalls." Tommy repeated. "You mean to tell me that you swiped a ball that was signed by babe Ruth and you brought it out here and actually played with it?"
"And actually played with it?!"
"Yeah but I was gonna give it back!"
"But it was signed by babe Ruth!" Squints yelled. "Yeah you keep saying that..who is she?"
"What?" We all yelled then looked at each other. "The sultan of swat!" Bertram yelled. "The king of crash!"Bertram yelled. "The Colossus of clous!"
"The colossus of clous!" 
"Babe Ruth!" We all yelled he still didn't get it. "The great bambino!" I yelled slowly. "Oh my god you mean that's the same guy!" He yelled. "Yes!" We all said in sync. "Smalls babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player that ever lived. You know people say he was less than a god but more than a man, like Hercules or something." I said leaning forward. "That ball you just aced to the beast is worth..well more than your hole life man." Benny said shaking his head. "Oh I don't feel so good." Smalls said falling to his knees. "Uh oh give him air give him air!" Bertram said fanning him with his hat. We all did the same. "We have to get that ball back." Smalls said shaking his head. "Alright when does your old man get home from work?" Benny asked. "He's gone on business, out of town he could be back anytime." Smalls said getting up. "Alright find out when, and guys spread out  look for money and cash them in, we gotta buy us a ball." Benny said putting his hat on. "Yeah!" We all yelled spreading out. We got a ball from Vincent's drug store and a pen. "Brooke you write it you have the best writing." Benny said handing me the ball and pen. "Fine but I don't really have that good of writing." I said rolling my eyes. "It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as his moms never gonna know the difference, this will just buy us time yah dorks." They all hovered over me as I wrote. "It actually doesn't look that bad." Yeah yeah said. We waited for Smalls to put the ball back.

     We sat in the tree house waiting for an idea. "Why don't we just go ask Mr. Mertle to get the-" I started. "Are you out of you mind Mr. Mertle is the meanest old man who ever lived. He's the one who made the beast eat that kid. This is why girls don't have good ideas!" Squints said. It caught everyone including me off guard. I stared at him for a second then got up and left. I heard yelling like "really Squints!" Or "what's wrong with you!" Mostly Benny, Ham and Lukas. I hated how they thought I was less than them just because I was a girl. I will show them.

Bennys POV

    I can't believe squints said something like that even after what happened with ham. We were all yelling at him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry it just slipped out!" Squints yelled. I rolled my eyes and ran after Brooke. "Brooke wait!" I said. She stopped in her tracks and turned to look at me. "What do you want." She said coldly. I saw tears in her eyes so I pulled her in for a hug.

A/n

I made this one a bit longer because I didn't post yesterday. So enjoy I will probably make another tonight or in the next like 20 minutes if I have nothing to do haha.