Baseball

June 20th
It has been about 1 and a half weeks since the accident. I haven't talked to Matt since either it was just so awkward. The boys would visit me every once in awhile. Today I was planning on going to the sandlot, not to play just to watch. I missed baseball. I went downstairs to eat. "Hey Mom can I go to the sandlot today, I won't play I just want to watch." I said. "Sure but don't play I don't want you getting hurt." My mom said with a smile. Me and Luke looked at each other as ran to the door. We were walking to the sandlot and I was so excited to surprise the boys. We walked in and the boys looked at us surprised. They all ran as fast as they could to me and hugged me. "You can play!" They all yelled. "No but I'm gonna watch." I said sadly. "Aww it's okay better than nothing." Ham said rubbing my back. "Yeah I guess." I laughed. I walked to the dugout and sat down watching them. I saw some of the boys look at me sadly and give me weak smiles. I decided to listen to some music so I took out my phone. I put in headphones and jammed out to my playlist. I ended up humming what I was listening to and the boys noticed. They have all heard me sing so I wasn't very embarrassed. Benny and Ham were the closest ones to me, so they heard me the best. Scotty didn't hear me at all because he was in the outfield. Every time I sang they looked to surprised. I closed my eyes and lied my head back. I didn't hear it but the boys all came up to listen. A few moments later I opened my eyes to see all the boys staring. "What?" I asked them. "Your an amazing singer." Benny said. "I wasn't singing." I told them laughing. "Yeah- yeah you were." Yeah yeah said. "I was humming that's completely different."
"It still sounded good." DeNunez said as he walked back to the pitching mound. I just put my headphones back in as the boys walked away. After awhile it started getting dark. All the boys walked to the dugout to sit down. I was already up getting a water. "Can you hand me a water." Luke asked. "Yeah sure." I said grabbing a water. I put my hand out for him to grab it but pulled it back before he could. "Hey!" He laughed. "What? Just take it." I said sarcastically. "Fine we'll do it the hard way." Luke picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Hey put me down!" I laughed. "Then give me the water."
"No."
"Fine then I won't put you down."
"Your gonna get tired of carrying me eventually."
"No your as light as a feather."

All the boys were now laughing.
"Having fun there Brooke." Benny asked as he laughed.
"Ugh Luke put me down!"
"I will when you agree to give me my water."
"Fine I will give you your stupid water."

He then put me down and reached his hand out for the water. I put the water out but before he could grab it I bolted outside the dugout. "Help me get her." Luke asked Benny. Luke knew exactly what he was doing. They both chased after me as the other boys laughed. Luke finally caught up to me and grabbed me. Throwing me over his shoulder again. "Noooo."
"You could have just given me my water and look at you now, Benny grab her so I can get my water." Luke gave me to Benny and he threw me over his shoulder. Luke grabbed the water from me and we went back to the dugout with me still over Bennys shoulder. "He got his water back put me down!" I said trying to contain my laughter. "No." Benny said taking a sip of his water. "Pleassssssee." He took a second to think about it. "Hmmmm...no." He laughed. "Wow. Rude." I said crossing my arms. "You look quite comfortable there Brooke." Squints laughed. "Shut it." I said then I gave Luke a help me look. "Okay okay we have to go home now." Luke said laughing. Benny laughed and finally put me down. "I hate you guys." I said sarcastically. "You love us." Benny said smiling. I rolled my eyes and started walking away with Luke and Benny on both sides. The rest of the boys were behind us. "You should sing to us while we walk." Ham asked from behind me. "No." I said blandly.
"Please."
"Come on."
"Pretty please with a cherry, fudge, and ice cream on top."
All the boys complained. Luke was just laughing next to me. I punched his arm and he tried to straighten up. "Fine what song." I said. Benny smiled and looked at me. "I don't know you pick." Ham said walking up to me. "Fine uh.." I sang the first song that came in my mind.

(This is kinda what Brooke sounds like and also if you want to know the person singing @ is Martinalynn on Tik Tok.) "Jeez you voice is gorgeous." Benny said making me blush. "Yeah yeah it's amazing."
"Do another."
"Please."
"No, we're almost home." I said. Most of the boys had already left. Benny was still looking at me with a smile. "What?" I asked Benny slightly turning to him. "Nothing..." he said turning away from me. "Please just one more song." Smalls said. "Oh my gosh, fine."

(Pretend the first parts not there lmao.) "wow." All the boys looked very surprised. It was now just Ham, Smalls, Benny, Luke and I. "Okay well bye!" I said then ran to my house. "Bye!" They all said as Luke walked to the house too. "Hi sweetheart how was baseball." My moms asked. She was making dinner. "It was good." I said then walking upstairs.