Moving day

PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION FOR EXTRA DETAILS
Also this story looks best in Hoefler font and the smallest text size you don't have to change it that's just my opinion.

May 28th 20014

(I know the movie was made in the 60s to 80s or whatever but I'm gonna do it in a bit of a more present time also if I put music in there and it's from 2020 don't come at me pls.) Moving to a different state was hard for me especially because I have never been the new kid before. I knew I was going to miss my friends but I was looking forward to seeing my sister more often. My sister and I were close until she moved away but she was all caught up with her new husband and work so I still wouldn't be able to see her much. Anyways I moved to the neighborhood about 2 weeks before school got out I was hoping I could make friends before summer, but being from another state no one knew who I was. I had very little time to make friends. One day after school my brother and I saw 9 boys walk into some secret lot behind a fence. "Hey Brooke where do you think there going." my brother said after watching for a few seconds.

"I don't know." I replied

"well do you want to go look."

"Sure but...you go first".

"Okay fine but don't leave me".

"I won't" I replied laughing.

We walked through the small gateway in the fence to see a sandlot it was amazing. All 9 boys were playing baseball.

"Hey didn't you bring your glove" my brother asked smiling.

"Yes why?"

"So did I, maybe we could play."

"They wouldn't let me play, they would just think I'm a girl that doesn't know how to do anything, who knows how good they are"

As I said that I saw a boy with dark brown hair walk up to the batters box.

"Yeah-Yeah get two"

He then threw the ball up in the air and hit it. The one I assumed was yeah-yeah caught it and threw it to second base and the second baseman that was kinda tall and had some thin glasses and threw it to the catcher.

"They are pretty good." I said with a slight smile on my face.

After my brother walked over and I followed him obviously nervous.

"Hey guys! Uh...I was wondering if my sister and I could play with you guys if that's okay.

"She can't play she's a girl!"

One of the guys said he was short with big glasses.

"Yeah-yeah she's a girl!"

"So?" My brother said obviously annoyed.

"So, she's a girl she probably doesn't even know what a baseball is!" The catcher said.

"Wanna bet?" I said getting kinda mad now

"Yeah I bet my sister can hit a home run!" Lucas said.