K-I-S-S

"You...do?" I smiled. He nodded and grabbed my hands. "W-well I better get back in there um see you later?" He said grinning. I nodded and kissed his cheek. He walked back into the room with Smalls and I walked outside. I ran back to the sandlot to all the boys. When I got there all the boys were laughing. "Whats so funny?" I asked. "We saw you and Benny kIsS." Squints said. How did they... "Awe my little sis all grown up." Lucas said putting an arm around me. I shoved his face away and crossed my arms. "Brooke and Benny sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love then comes marriage then comes a baby in a baby carriage!" All the boys chanted. I rolled my eyes then Benny and Squints came out with a very clean ball. "He gave us a different ball!" Smalls said happily. "It has all the team members on it too!" Benny continued sounding exited.

Smalls gave the ball to his dad. He wasn't happy that he ruined his other ball but he still loved this one. We all decided to hang out at the tree house and spend the night. I walked with Lucas as we made our way there. I saw Benny climbing up the ladder and making his way inside. Luke and I followed and climbed up. "Hey Brooke, Lucas!" Ham said being the first to notice. Like usual he was making s'mores. "Hey Ham!" I waved. Benny was in the corner smiling. I went to sit next to him and he put an arm around my shoulder. "Hi." I smiled. "Hi." He replied still smiling. He gave me a quick peck on the lips hoping the boys didn't see. "Ahhhh pda pda!" Ham yelled covering his eyes. I laughed at him as he yelled in horror.

We all had a really fun night but we all ended up falling asleep even when we said we wouldn't. I woke up to the bright light of the sun shining in my face. Why am I always right in the line of the sun in the morning. I felt something around my waist as I tried to sit up. I looked to my right to see Benny with his arms protectively around my waist. I tried slowly pulling his arms off me but he just pulled my closer and held me tighter. I huffed and just lied back down.

I ended up falling back asleep anyways but after what felt like 5 minutes of sleep, I was being shook awake. "Brooke waky waky." I heard a familiar voice say. I groaned and opened my eyes. Benny was right over me smiling. "Hey sleepyhead." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and got up. "We're gonna go play at the sandlot you coming?" He asked. "I don't have any clothes for baseball just these." I said pointing to the sweatpants I was wearing. "It's fine just wear those, the boys are wearing what they came here in anyways. I nodded and followed him down the ladder. It was getting kinda cold out here in California... well at least for me. I never really liked the cold. School was coming around and I realized I never really made any other friends besides the sandlot boys. This is gonna be a fun year.

After playing baseball for a few hours it was getting dark so we headed home. I said bye to Benny and began to walk home. "Brooke wait!" Benny yelled before I fully got inside. Luke was already inside but I heard faint yelling from inside. He took my hand and spun me around making me twirl and giggle. He pulled me into a kiss and smiled. "Bye." He waved and finally left. I waved back and went inside. When I got inside the yelling and arguing got louder. It was none other than my parents. They argue a lot but it was never this bad. Also they haven't argued since we moved. It got me kind of worried. I walked past the living room where they were and ran upstairs to my room. I hated when they argued it scared me. Usually Luke comforted me when they argued so I quickly left me room and went to his but he wasn't there. His window was open so I looked out but I didn't see him. It got me more worried so I got my phone and called him but he didn't answer. I texted him asking if he was alright but no reply he didn't even read it.

I walked back into my room and shut the door. I lied on my bed and sighed. The faint yelling in the background making me internally cringe. I felt my breathing get heavier as my hands started to shake. This has never happened to me so I was kind of panicking.

A/n

Hello sorry for the VERY late update I started school a week ago so I have been caught up with that. This ones kind of short so sorry about that. This was not proof read. Have a great day/night!

Wc: 863