Broken nose

I woke up to me laying in Bennys lap. He was just watching tv like nothing was happening. I sat up quickly and he looked at me and blushed. "Sorry." I said shyly. This definitely wasn't the first time I had fell asleep on him. We both blushed until I heard little giggles coming from the kitchen. I walked over to find Luke and my mom. "What?" I asked. "Nothing..." my mom said glancing at Benny then back to me. I rolled my eyes cause I knew exactly what she was thinking. She winked and went back to making breakfast. It was about 8:00 and the boys were probably gonna be at the sandlot soon so we ate and ran out the door to the sandlot. We ended up being the first ones there anyways which wasn't very normal for me and Luke. Finally the boys came in and squints looked extra confident today. Probably because he just kissed his crush. Benny went up to bat and hit it first try. Crack! The baseball went flying. "Throw it in throw it in!" Ham yelled to squints. Benny was now in a pickle. He went back and forth threw the bases. It was now my turn to bat. But then "Awe man!" Squints yelled. I looked over to who they were talking about. Phillips... I got kinda uncomfortable when they rode there bikes in. All the boys threw there gloves down and walked over. Phillips was scanning everyone and his eyes stopped on me. "You guys are playing with a girl now? Pathetic." Phillips laughed. "I bet your dating Rodriguez, they wouldn't let you on the team unless he bribed them." He continued. Luke could see me getting mad so he grabbed my are in case I ran and tackled Phillips or something. "I'm not dating anyone here, I'm here because I can actually play!" I yelled. "Whatever you say, it's easy when your playing with a bunch of rejects and a uh fat kid." He said laughing again and his friends laughed with him. "Shut your mouth Phillips!" Benny yelled pointing his bat at him. "What did you say crap face!" Ham yelled. "I said you shouldn't even be able to touch a baseball, expect for Rodriguez your all an insult to the game."

"Come on, we'll take you on right here, right now, come on!"  Ham said and all the boys cheered so I cheered with them.

"We'll play on a real diamond porter! You ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats."

"Watch it jerk."

"Shut up idiot."

"Moron!"

"Scab eater."

"Butt sniffer!"

"Puss licker."

"Fart smeller!"  Bertram sniffed then let a breathe out, obliviously pretending to smell farts.

"You eat dog crap for breakfast geek!" 

"You make your food with your mamas toe jam!"

"YEAH" all the boys said in union.

"You bob for apples in the toilet, and you like it." 

Ham looked down but still had his eyes on Phillips with an evil stare. I knew exactly what he was gonna say and I wasn't gonna like it. Luke also knew what he was gonna say so he grabbed me again. Probably knowing I would have punched Ham and Phillips right there on the spot.

"You play ball like a girl!"

Right as he said those words Benny could see the anger in my eyes. The boys gasped some giggled and others looked at me surprised. Luke was struggling to hang on to me. "Wha-what did you say?" Phillips said surprised.

Ham realized what he said and looked back at me, he knew he couldn't take it back now. "You heard me." He said crossing his arms. Phillips looked at me and smiled. "Looks like you got your little hoe mad." When he said that he made me so mad that Luke couldn't hold me back anymore. He lost his grip, some of the boys didn't know what I was doing and others tried to grab me. I quick walked up to him and punched him square in the face. Some of the boys "OoOoOo" and some gasped and laughed. He fell to the ground while he winced in pain. Holy shit- y-you broke my nose!" He yelled as he tried to stop it from bleeding. His friends helped him up. "Yeah well next time think maybe you will walk out alive!" I said then walking away shoulder checking the boys and giving them all a mad glance especially Ham. "Tomorrow- noon- at our field, be there buffalo but breath." Phillips said loud enough so I could hear him. "Count on it pee drinking crap face!" Ham said insulting him quickly. "Yeah!" All the boys trying to make it seem like it didn't bother them that I was mad. I was in the dugout drinking water. I had slight tears in my eyes and my hand was already bruising. I had only hit him once. "You gotta go apologize." Luke said. He didn't know I could hear him. All the boys came up to me with sorry looks on there face. "Are you okay Brooke?" Benny asked looking at my knuckles. "Fine." I said dryly and put the water down kind of aggressively.