The Accident

The rain got heavier as we drove and the road became slippery. I was getting a bit scared but Matt didn't notice. The light turned red and Matt slammed on the brakes. A car came running into the side of us and we got flipped, we toppled over on the road and another car hit us. I hit my head and passed out. The last thing I thought of was Luke and how he told me to be careful. I knew this was bad. I could hear sirens and it was hot almost like fire. I could feel everything that was happening but I couldn't talk or move. I felt helpless. I could hear the heart monitor beeping as I was in the ambulance and I got enough strength to open my eyes a bit and look over to Matt who had just sat up rubbing his head. He had a few scratches from maybe glass or the road. I couldn't see how bad I looked but I was in a lot of pain, mostly on my waist. Matt had looked over to me worried and saw the my eyes were open, He gave me a weak smile and I smiled back. I then closed my eyes and just laid there. I could here and feel the paramedics pull me out of the ambulance. I was slowly drifting off to sleep. Last thing I heard from the paramedics was. "She's in critical condition."

Luke's POV
Benny, Ham, Scotty and I were all watching tv. The house phone started ringing so I went to answer it. It was the hospital I started freaking out. I answered it quickly and heard them say Brooklyn's name. When they told me she was in critical condition I dropped the phone and ran to get the car keys. "Boys you can come with me or not Brookes at the hospital." The boys quickly got up and put some shoes on as I did the same and grabbed my phone. We ran to the car and I turned it on. "What happened?" Ham asked scared. "I don't know yet but they said she's in critical condition." I was freaking out trying to get to the hospital as fast as I could.

         I got there and parked quickly and we ran inside the hospital. I ran to the front desk and asked for her name. "Uhm I'm here f-for B-Brooklyn Stone I'm her brother." I was uneasy and felt as if I was gonna faint. "Oh yes Uhm I'm sorry but she might not make it she's in critical condition." She said as calmly as she could. "Can I see her?" I asked. "I'm sorry no, is there parents here or just you." She asked. "I-it's just me my parents are still at work, I can give them a call."I said scared. "Do you know Matt he's awake you can see him." She tried sounding sweet. "No I don't really know him, it was my sisters date." I said. She just nodded and I sat down next to the boys who were tired and all leaning on each other. They allied looked at me as I sat down and looked for a few seconds. "Well! How is she?" The all asked. "Oh Uhm she's in critical condition and she might not make it." I said as my eyes started filling with tears. The boys hugged me and tried to comfort me.

      I called mom and told her to come and then dad. I was stuttering and couldn't make out a full sentence. I looked over to the boys who were now slightly crying. "She's gonna be okay man." Ham said trying to comfort me. It didn't work much. I just put my head in my hands and shook my head. Benny was silent and I knew he was worried. "Ugh I need to walk around." I said hoping I would find Brooke or at least see her. "Can we come." All the boys said. I motioned them to follow and they all got up. We walked slowly around the hospital and I looked in every door. I found one with a familiar face. Matt. I wanted to go in but I knew I would take all of my anger and sadness and everything out on him so I just kept walking.

I finally found the one where Brooke was at. I was scared to look but finally did. I stopped the boys and walked closer to the door. She was lying in the hospital bed lifelessly as the doctor tried to help her. She had a big cut on her forehead and more on her hands. I saw a big blood stain on the side of her waist. I started crying again at the sight of her like that. The boys just stared in shock. They all had tears in there eyes. I sat down at the nearest bench and took out my phone. Looking at pictures of Brooke and I. The boys looked over my shoulder and watched as I scrolled through the pictures. We were in complete silence as we heard the doctors try and help Brooke. We even saw more rush in the room. "This is all my fault." I said breaking the silence and putting my head in my hands. "No, no it's not your fault you just wanted her to have a good time with Matt. You didn't know this was gonna happen." Ham said trying to comfort me. I shook my head in my hands and then leaned back. "We should probably go see if my parents are here." I said getting up. They followed me back to the waiting room where my mom was sitting worried. She saw me and ran up to me hugging me. "Is she okay?" She said with some hope. "They said she's in critical condition and...she might not make it." I said sadly. "Please, please tell me your joking." She said starting to cry. "I wish I was, I really do." I said hugging her. She was balling in my arms as I hugged her. "Boys do you want to calm your parents? I can call them if you like." My mom said turning to the boys. "Yes please, she will be worried." Scotty said walking to my mom. She nodded and took out her phone. Benny, Ham and I walked back to the seats. We were all very worried. Then Scotty came back and Ham went to go call his mom. I don't think Benny wanted to call his mom but he still did. We waited there for what seemed like an eternity. I was still kinda mad that I trusted Matt but it wasn't much his fault cause he can't stop the rain. My dad finally came in and walked straight to my mom he asked a bunch of questions and just looked around. He spotted me and walked up to me. "What happened." He asked. I knew that he wouldn't have approved of Broke going on a date without him knowing even though they never really care where we go but I couldn't lie to him. "Well she went on a date and it started raining and I guess they crashed. Please don't get mad." He sighed and sat down. "I'm not mad but who's they?" He asked. "Her date Matt." I said truthfully. "Well thanks for the truth I appreciate it." He said giving me a weak smile.

Bennys POV
I was so worried about Brooke that I just wanted to run to her room. I also wondered what the other boys were gonna say about this. I texted Bertram, DeNunez and yeah-yeah, the only other ones with phones. We had a group chat of us 3 and I texted it.

Benny: Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that we might not go the the sandlot. Don't freak out but Brookes in the hospital, She got in a car crash and is in critical condition.

Bertram: oh my gosh

DeNunez: is this a joke? If so not funny Benny

Yeah- yeah: is she okay?

Benny: really yeah- yeah I just told you she's in critical condition.  And no DeNunez it's not a joke.

DeNunez: should we tell the other boys?

Benny: yes but Ham and Scotty are at the hospital with me.

Yeah-yeah: okay I will.

Bertram: same.

DeNunez: yup.

I turned off my phone and saw ham and Scotty looking over my shoulder. They watched me text them. They looked up at me and we all had tears in our eyes.

Brookes POV
I was having a dream it was about the accident it just kept replaying in my mind over and over. I could still hear the doctors and the nurses. "She's fighting for her life there's nothing much we could do anymore. It's up to her." One of the doctors said. I was fighting for my life? So I'm basically dying right here. "Maybe if we get a family member in here it could give her a boost." The nurse said. "Worth a shot." The other doctor said. The nurse then left the room to go get one of my family members. I was hoping it was my brother. I was closets with him. The most pain was in my waist. As I thought about the pain the more it hurt. I could hear some doctors in the room. I could hear my heart monitor going up. And they did some sort of thing with my air which calmed me down.

A few moments later I felt a familiar hand in mine. Luke...

Luke's POV
One of the nurses came from Brookes room and I was hoping it was her coming to tell us she's okay. "Can I talk to the stone family please?" The nurse said. I got up quickly and so did my parents. "Which family member is the closet with Brooke?" She asked. "Probably Luke why? Is she okay." My dad asked. "There's nothing more we could do it's all up to her now, we're hoping that a family member can boost her to wake up." The nurse said sadly. I nodded and she motioned to follow her. I looked back at my parents then the boys. My parents were still standing there talking the boys were looking over Benny shoulder to his phone. I was scared to see Brooke like that again. When I saw her I paused at the door. "Come on." The nurse said. I walked in and sat in the chair next to the hospital bed. The nurse walked out and I grabbed Brookes hand. "Come on Brooke, please wake up, please. You have the boys out there waiting for you." I said hoping to boost her to wake. I looked at all her cuts and some now bruises. I looked at the giant gash on her waist. I cringed and looked away from it. "Come on Brooke..."

A/n

Haha sorry for the slight cliffhanger but this one was getting a bit long. Word count 1856