Fireworks

July 4th

It was the fifth of July and we didn't really do anything all day besides calling my friends and telling them happy forth. I missed Arizona and my friends but I wouldn't trade my new friends for the world. I thought Benny would have something fun planned but nope. "Hey Luke did Benny say we were doing anything today." I asked as I walked downstairs.
"Uhm no why?"
"I do t know it's forth of July and I just thought we would do something." I haven't played baseball in over 3 weeks.
"I don't know maybe he's still planning it."
"Yeah maybe..." I then sat down on the couch. It was about to be dark and there was a party being set up outside. "Hey do you wanna go to the party. It's right outside." As I said that there was a knock on the door. I quickly opened it and Benny was there. "Hi?"
"Night game come on." I looked over to Luke he just shrugged and threw me my glove. The other boys were sitting at a bench waiting when they saw us the ran towards the sandlot. Ham stopped and grabbed a hotdog and kept running. "How are we supposed to play in the dark?" I asked Benny . "Fireworks." Benny said while still running. We past a line of fireworks and then I understood. "Ohhhhh." I said, Benny gave me a smile. We got to the sandlot and Benny was up to bat first. Right as he hit the ball all the fire works went off. It was beautiful.

Bennys POV
I watched Brooke as she watched the fireworks she looked really pretty under the light. Her bright blues eyes changing colors with each different color firework. Her long blonde hair falling perfectly at her waist. That's when I realized... I liked Brooke. I freaked out a little and tripped. "Benny man you good!" Bertram shouted from 2nd plate. "Yeah I'm fine!" I said getting back up and running to home. Brooke giggled a bit which made me smile and blush. As I got to home Ham was there looking at me. "What?" I asked. "You like her don't you?" He said smirking. This caught me off guard. "What- who- what are you talking about?"
"You like Brooke don't you?"
"I have no idea what your talking about." I tried to sound as innocent as possible.
"Come on Benny man I saw the way you look at her just admit it you like her!" Ham said practically yelling.
"Jeez tell the hole world why don't you."
Okay Benny likes-!" I quickly covered his mouth.
"OoOoOoOo Benny has a crush, who and what happened to I don't have time for girls." Squints said mockingly.
"I don't like anyone!" I said yelling.
"Benny likes someone!" Brooke said laughing. "Jeez never thought I would hear those words, come on Benny tell us who were your best friends." Brooke said laughing. The sound of her voice made me blush which made almost all the boys jaws drop but they didn't say anything. "What?" Brooke asked. "Nothing!" All the boys yelled and walked away awkwardly. "That was weird." She said looking back at them. "Anyways the fireworks are over so me and Luke are going home."
"I-uh okay!" I yelled as she ran to Luke. I wanted to say something but I didn't want to make it awkward in case she didn't like me. "Hey Benny you wanna stay over!" Luke yelled after the boys left. "Uh sure let me ask!" I yelled and ran over to them pulling out my phone. "She said yes." I told them smiling. I avoided eye contact with Brooke as much as possible. Which was gonna be hard because I was staying at her house. We walked together in silence. It wasn't very awkward for me unless I made eye contact with Brooke. I didn't know how to tell her I liked her she's the first girl I ever liked. I wanted to just stop and kiss her but Luke was right there. When we got inside it was dead silent. There parents were probably asleep. We stayed up pretty late watching tv. Brooke got tired and lied her head on my shoulder and fell asleep slightly. It made me blush like crazy but Luke and Brooke were both asleep so no one saw. I then fell asleep after a little while.

A/n

This ones kinda short sorry