I love you too

I woke up to knocking at my window and looked out. "Brooke, I had a dream meet at the sandlot." Benny said right as I opened the window. It was hard for me to hear considering I was on the second floor but he was just loud enough for me to hear him. The sun is barely coming up and I was so tired. I threw on a random shirt and pants trying to match but I honestly didn't care. I went downstairs to see Luke looking really tired eating cereal on his phone. "Did Benny randomly knock on your door too?" I asked which kind of startled him. "Yeah what do you think that's all about?" He said turning back to his phone. "Don't know something about a dream he had." I said getting a bowl from the cupboards. He shrugged and took a bite of his cereal. I sat down in front of him and started eating. "We should probably hurry." I said blankly. "Yeah probably."

~Time Skip~

Luke and I ran out of the house and went towards the sandlot. When we arrived all the boys were yelling at Benny to do something and to not do something. "Just tell her man jumping over that fence isn't gonna make a difference!" I heard Ham yell. "Who's jumping over the fence?!" I asked. Everyone jumping at my voice. "I- uh... me." Benny admitted. "What happened to tHeReS a BiG sCaRy DoG oVeR tHeRe nO gOiNg OvEr?' I said mimicking his voice. "Well I had a dream..." Benny said. "Yeah yeah he thinks because of this dream he had he should jump over the fence!" Yeah Yeah yelled. "Well I-" Benny started. "No Benny you can't go over there period." I stated. "Why?!" He yelled. "Because I love and care about you and don't want you to get hurt!" I yelled back, not thinking of what I was saying. Benny looked shocked at what I just said and so did everyone else. I finally processed what i said and felt my face heat up. I did any logical thing to do when your embarrassed.... run.

I ran out of the sandlot and ran down the sidewalk. I will show them. I'm gonna get that ball even if I have to knock on the door. So I did. I went up to Mr. myrtles house and knocked. I mean what's the worst that could happen? He tells me to go away? Or he makes his dog attack m- I got cut from my thoughts when the door opened. "Hello?" A man with black glasses said. He looked kinda like an ex FBI agent or something. "H-hi are you Mr. Myrtle?" I asked.

"Yes and you are?"

"I'm Brooklyn, Brooklyn Stone. I live a few streets down and um my friends and I lost a ball in your backyard, I was wondering if I could get it?"

"Yes of course you can come on in and you can get it." He said gesturing towards the door for me to come in.

"Thank you." I said walking in.

He brought me to the back door and I walked out a little scared of the dog.

"Now don't be scared of old Hercules he's a real sweetheart." Mr. Myrtle said.

I heard a chain pull and jumped. He was standing right in front of me. He slowly walked up to me and sat in front of me. I could hear the boys arguing over something. Hercules whined and pawed at me. I put my hand out and pet him. He really like it. I then realized that the ball was in his mouth so I put my hand out for him to drop it. He almost immediately dropped it and I went inside. "It's kinda ruined but I might be able to fix it." I said walking into the room Mr. Myrtle was in. He smiled and nodding. "The bathroom is down the hall first door on the right." He explained pointing towards the hall. "Thanks." I walked over to the bathroom and started to rinse off the ball trying my best to not wash off the marker. I then heard a loud crash in the backyard making me jump. I ignored it and continued washing the ball off.

Soon after I finished, I walked back into the room I was in originally. "Mr. Myrtle, I finished cleaning the bal-" I stopped when I saw Benny and Smalls standing at Mr. Myrtle's desk. "Brooke? What are you doing here?" Benny said when he saw me. "I came to get the ball..."

~Flashback from Bennys POV~

"Benny! Benny please help me! He's hurt!" Smalls said as he tried to get the wooden wall off the beast. I finally gave in. I walked over and pulled up on the wood. All this running around and almost getting hurt and the ball wasn't even there. We finally lifted it up and the beast got up. He started licking Smalls face. "Did you find the ball Benny?" Ham asked. "No, it's not in here..." I said sadly. "Maybe Mr Myrtle picked it up." Luke said. So we decided we would finally knock on the door and ask.

~End of flashback~

I stood in the doorway not know what else to say. "I.... Uh cleaned the ball... but it's still kinda messed up..." I handed it to Benny and started walking out the door. "Wait Brooke can I talk to you?" Benny yelled running after me. I was at the front door when Benny stopped me. "I-I..." Benny said stuttering. He didn't know what to say. I looked him straight in the eyes as he stuttered. Finally giving up he kissed me. I was surprised at first but then kissed back. "I love you too..." He said smiling after the kiss.

A/n

Wc 1105
Hello it's getting near the end of the book but I'm looking back on some of these chapter and I'm cringing this was my first ever book and started it a little less than a year ago I can't believe it's been that long but I do genuinely dislike the first like 15 chapters of this book 😩 also I guess I never realized it till now but THIS BOOK HAS 2k READS WTF

Wc 1105Hello it's getting near the end of the book but I'm looking back on some of these chapter and I'm cringing this was my first ever book and started it a little less than a year ago I can't believe it's been that long but I do genuinely disli...

When did this even happen lmao but I do hope you bare with me I was thinking of going back and editing this book or recreating it and one last thing if anyone has discord here my discord link is in my bio if anyone wants to talk. Have an amazing day/night.