Karaoke

I woke up in my bed from bright morning light shining in my eyes. The TV was playing friends and I groaned as I sat up in bed. I made my way downstairs to see my brother on the couch watching TV with Benny. "Aye you're finally awake!" Luke yelled. "Shhh, too loud." I said rubbing my temples. "Sorry but mom and dad went to work so we bought donuts if that makes you feel any better." He said and gestured to the donuts on the counter. I gasped and ran over to them. They laughed as I shoved my face with them.

We are gonna go to the sandlot so go get changed. I just nodded because I couldn't talk with my mouth full of donuts. I went to my room and changed into what I normally wear for baseball. I went back to where the boys were waiting and we ran to the sandlot. We met up with the rest of the boys there and played baseball all day until the sun went down.

Today was a lot of fun and it made me completely forget about what happened yesterday. We all decided to go out to get lunch tomorrow after baseball before school started. We all went to some diner and sat down. Our waiter came over only to see it was the one and only Wendy Peffercorn. I looked straight over to Squints and his eyes widened as a smile crept onto his face. "Can I get your drinks?" She asked looking up from her pad. Her eyes rolled as she saw Squints.

We all ordered our drinks and talked while we waited. I felt a hand slip in mine and looked down following the hand to meet with Benny. Don't know who I expected it to be but I quickly interlocked my fingers with his. We finally got our drinks then ordered. "Brooke! They have karaoke, you should do it!" Ham said pointing at the lit up station that had speakers and a mic. "What? No." I said shaking my head. "C'mon Broookkee, do it!" Luke said nudging me with his elbow. "Yeah c'mon do it!" Benny said. "Do it, do it do it!" The boys started chanting making my face go red as everyone started looking over. "If I do it will you shut up?" I asked and they all quickly nodded.

I sighed and stood up. I asked them to set up the song I chose then I walked up to the mini stage at the front of the diner. "Attention please we've got a singer in the house! Please welcome, Brooklynnnn!" One of the waiters said. Everyone turned from the waiter to me and the music started. I collected every ounce of courage I had and began singing.

~Benny's POV~

She began singing and it was beautiful. She really was an amazing singer and unbeknownst to Brooke, Luke was recording and told us he was planning to post it. When she was finished the whole diner erupted in cheers and clapping making Brooke smile and thank everyone. She came back over smiling widely. "So are you glad you did it?" Luke asked as she sat down. She rolled her eyes and nodded. We laughed and I put an arm around her.

Finally we paid and left. Brooke leaned her head on my shoulder making me look down. "Tired?" I asked looking into her tired eyes, she nodded in reply. "Hurry up love birds!" Squints yelled. "Shut up, don't act like you weren't staring at Wendy the entire time she was serving us." Brooke said in reply making all the boys laugh and push him around.

Brooke and I parted ways when we got to our own houses. I went in my house and went to sleep.

A/n

Helloooo sorry this chapter took forever like usual but I'm planning on ending this book soon so I just want to say thanks to the people who read this, I started this book about a year ago which is really weird to me. Have a good day/night!