Chapter 23

Taking slow and heavy steps, Eunhi knocks on Taehyung's door, breath hitching and heart racing at incompatible speed.

Taehyung opens the door, and glance at Eunhi, brows furrowed as he looks here and there, for the sight of his best friend.

"Eunhi, where is Jimin?"

"I don't know! He just ran away leaving me behind!" Eunhi exclaimed, clenching her hands into a fist.

"What? Why?" Taehyung now looks tensed. From behind him, Namjoon, and Hoseok appear, with balloons and party poppers in their hands.

Eunhi takes a step in and closes the door behind her, glaring at the three men while leaning onto the door.

-------

"And he just left, telling me to go home." She said, looking down at the carpet as the other men listen carefully to the whole story.

"I've tried a dozen times...he isn't picking up." Jungkook whispers worriedly, as everyone looks a bit horrified.

While Taehyung seems normal.

He just lays back on the bed, arms crossed under his head and staring at the ceiling, as if lost in a deep thought.

Time passes, two hours.. three hours... four hours...

Jimin doesn't come back.

Eunhi looks up at the wall clock, now her adrenaline pumping at a higher pace and mind lost in horrible thoughts.

"When will he come back? It's already 6! You guys should go and look for him!" After breaking the silence, Eunhi collects all her strength to yell at the boys, who were sitting on the floor.

"He will come back. Jimin told me he had some important stuff to finish.." Taehyung assures, gaining a nod from the rest.

"Don't worry Eunhi..he mostly has stuff and he just vanishes. We've been used to this." Hoseok says, getting up and roaming around, eyes constantly on the main door.

"What is the stuff he has to do?" Eunhi asks, focusing on the word 'stuff'.

"Some important things. He doesn't like to share." Taehyung yawns, lazily scrolling through his phone.

The day is about to end. It's 8 and Jimin still hasn't come back. Now a look of worry takes over everyone's face as they get up and move out of the room, one by one.

"We can't stay here for long. We have to leave in half an hour" Jin sighs, glaring at his wrist watch.

"Wait guys.. I'm sure he will come back in no time. Let's play jenga!" Taehyung beams as he brings a box and everyone sigh.

Eunhi lets out a frustrated sigh as she gets up from the chair and stomps out of the room, earning a gasp from the boys.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook's voice booms in the silence and Eunhi turns back, "I'll be back."

She reaches her own room and takes out the keys from her back pocket. Shuffling through the various keys, she inserts one small key into the keyhole and opens the door.

Staring around the empty lobby, she grits her teeth as she doesn't find those black boots that Jimin wore in the morning. Nor anything specific, signalling his existence right now.

Lips turning into a frown and mind filled with devastated thoughts, Eunhi falters to her room, but adruptly stops when she hears a voice....

Of a shower?