Chapter 11

"Sure, we'll enjoy." Eunhi smiled back at Hyemi.

Hyemi fixed her glasses and went to the sink to wash her cup. Eunhi turned around and asked her,"so tell me more about yourself. What are your hobbies?"

"I specifically don't have any hobbies. I like to read. I sometimes draw too." Hyemi looked at Eunhi while wiping her hands with the towel.

"Oh, that's good. I like to read too. I like to sing too but I'm a little shy." Eunhi laughed.

"You sing?" Hyemi eyed her.

"Yes, basically I'm a bathroom singer. I become really nervous to sing in front of people." Eunhi said.

"Can you sing for me?" Hyemi sat back at her chair and Eunhi blushed. "I- I feel awkward."

"No need to be awkward. Only I'm here." Hyemi smiled.

"Okay, if you insist..." Eunhi cleared her throat.

She sang a syllable of Hwa Sa's 'Maria' and Hyemi's eyes got bigger as she listened to her mesmerizing voice. Never in her life had she seen someone sing so impressively.

She rested her chin between her palms and stared at Eunhi as she sang, her eyes closed as she felt every line touching her heart.

As Eunhi finished singing, she opened her eyes only to see Hyemi staring deep into her soul. It took her a second to realise that Hyemi was too lost.

Eunhi snapped her fingers in front of Hyemi's eyes and Hyemi flinched. The sudden action causing the hair on her body to stand straight and she exchanged glance with Eunhi.

"Uh, how was my singing?" Eunhi tilted her head as she shyly asked Hyemi.

"I- It was so beautiful! I freaking loved it! Wow Eunhi." Hyemi clapped and Eunhi's cheeks turned pink to hear the compliment. She muttered a 'thank you' to Hyemi.

Hyemi licked her lips as she looked at Eunhi again. "You should have been a singer."

"Oh really? I don't think I sing so good. But my brother is an amazing singer and rapper." Eunhi said, fidgeting with her fingers.

"No doubt it's in your blood." Hyemi said sarcastically and both of them laughed.

They talked for a long time about their families, life, and other things. As they talked, Eunhi noticed that Hyemi was a bit too interested in her thoughts. No one ever paid much attention to Eunhi and it showed. Suddenly meeting a girl like Hyemi made Eunhi happy as she found someone who listened to her with full of their heart.

"Wow that was great. I love talking to you." Hyemi said. "Before you, a guy used to live here with me. He wasn't so talkative. In fact, we didn't even talked more than asking about notes and dinner to each other. He recently got transferred, I think three weeks ago. Since then, I've been living alone here."

"Oh, it's okay. Now I'm here, I won't let you get bored." Eunhi smiled and Hyemi chuckled at her. "Aww, you're so sweet."

"Well, that ring looks pretty." Hyemi suddenly said as she noticed the diamond studded ring in Eunhi's hand.

"Yeah, it's my engagement ring."

"What? Engagement? You- you're engaged?" Hyemi gasped.

Eunhi pressed her lips into a thin line. She sighed and smiled, "Yes, I've been engaged some days ago."

"But you're too young? How old are you?" Hyemi asked.

"I'm 19. Soon to turn 20."

"Oh, that sounds awkward.. seems like your freedom is snatched." Hyemi said with a frowned look upon her face.