Chapter 16

The next day, Eunhi wakes up to sputtering and tapping sounds outside her room.

Holidays had started, so she didn't set an alarm for the day. Checking the time in her phone, she sees it's 10:30 already.

Wobbly, she first walks out of the room, followed by the noises. Clicking the door open, she comes out to see Hyemi with another girl, packing up her stuff in cardboard boxes.

"Hey, good morning unnie." She rubs her eyes and smile.

"Good morning Eunhi." Hyemi said, "I'm packing up. This is my friend, Kyung Hee. She's here to help me." She gestures to the girl sitting beside her, who was busy taping the boxes. She slightly smiles at Eunhi and Eunhi bows. "Nice to meet you!"

"Same here." She says as she bows too.

"I'll go fresh up and then I'll make something to eat." Eunhi says as Hyemi nods. She turns around to go back to the bathroom.

-------

In the evening, it's finally time for Hyemi to leave. Eunhi hadn't lived much with her, but she felt a strong bond between them. She liked her as a sister and was now sad because she was leaving and Eunhi would be alone now.

Hyemi sighs heavily as she rolls her bag to the outside of the building, followed by Eunhi and Kyung Hee. A frown appears on Eunhi's face as she finally glance at Hyemi, who was ready to go.

"I- I'll miss you unnie." She says as her voice cracks. Hyemi hesitantly puts a hand around her neck and hugs her. Eunhi hugs her tightly too, and Kyung Hee smiles emotionally, seeing the two girls being sorrowful.

"Well, I enjoyed this time. Even though it was only for a week, but I loved living together with you Eunhi." Hyemi smiles "hope there is a chance that we could meet in future."

"Sure." The corners of Eunhi's lips curve into a small smile. "After you'll become a great doctor. I'll surely come to see you."

Hyemi blushes as she looks as Kyung Hee. "Yes, we both are planning to work together in the future."

"Really? That would be great!" Eunhi chimes as she looks at Kyung Hee, who was biting her lower lip.

"Yes, there is a chance. Hope we'll meet soon, Hyemi." She steps forward and embeaces her with a tight hug.

"I'll miss you so much." Hyemi whispers in her ear and pecks her cheek.

"Good luck. We'll meet as soon as possible." Kyung Hee pats her on her back. A cab arrives in front of their dorm and Hyemi sighs before turning around.

"Goodbye. Take care of yourselves." She finally says with a smile on her face as she gets in.

"You too! We'll miss you!" Kyung Hee and Eunhi say in union as Hyemi chuckles. Then the cab goes by, and they keep waving at her until the car finally disappears at the sharp turn.

"It was nice meeting you too, unnie." Eunhi turns to face Kyung Hee, who was biting her lower lip, lost in her deep thoughts.

"Y-yeah, same here Eunhi. Hope we can make good friends." She shook hands with her as Eunhi flashed a smile. "Sure."

"I'll be going now. I live a few blocks away, you already know. If you ever need me, don't hesitate. Think of me as your sister." Kyung Hee keeps a hand on Eunhi's shoulder as she gives her a reassuring smile.

"Of course! Take care unnie." Eunhi said and Kyung Hee sighed as she took a step forward.

"Take care too." She said.

Eunhi watched her walking giddily and she admired how beautiful hers and Hyemi's friendship is. It is just so pure.

Zipping up her jacket, Eunhi too turns around and enters into the dorm once again.