Chapter 8

As they scurried out of the coffee shop, the wind was blowing strongly. It was cold.

It had became darker, but there were many pedestrians on the streets. Ji Hoon told Eunhi, "I'll bring my car here. Wait." And went to the parking lot.

Eunhi wrapped her arms around herself and nodded. As he went away, she looked here and there.

Suddenly, she felt like....

Someone was watching her.

She turned back to look at the street, which wasn't much crowded. There was no one specifically who would watch her, but she felt like it.

She heard a honk and saw to her left. Ji Hoon drove his car to the side of the road and signalled Eunhi to sit.

She walked and sat on the passenger seat. Something was still bothering her. She looked back from the rear view mirror, and saw a man, wearing all black, and had a mask on. As she looked closely, he turned around and started walking. But she was sure that he was watching them.

"What's wrong?" Ji Hoon asked.

"Um, nothing. Let's go" Eunhi smiled and Ji Hoon nodded and started driving.

"So, do you straight wanna go home?" He looked at Eunhi while driving.

"Of course. Where else would I go?" She said.

"Uh, I was thinking...to get some more time alone?"

"More time? I don't know..can we?" She asked.

"You'll be leaving for a long time and won't be coming back for atleast six months.. I think we should spend these moments together" he continued, "but, if you don't want to, then it's okay."

"Uh, I'd love to. But I have some stuff to pack, also I need to get up early tomorrow...so.." she told him.

"Oh, it's okay. We can meet again, some other time." He said with a straight face, the smile vanishing.

"I'm so sorry... I don't have an option." She lowered her head.

"No no. Don't be sorry. I understand. I'm not angry so don't worry." He chuckled and Eunhi smiled.

The road now was very distinct. There weren't any other cars. Just trees on both sides and the quiet atmosphere.

They were a bit far from Eunhi's house, when they heard a loud sound.

A gunshot.

Someone aimed a shot at their car's front tyre, which blasted at the spot, making a loud screech.

The car was now out of control. Eunhi screamed as she lowered her head. "What is this!?"

"I- I don't know!" Ji Hoon shouted, trying his best to control the steering wheel, but it was no use.

He looked back from his window and saw a black car, a man popping his head out with a pistol in his hand.

"Someone attacked us!" He shouted.

"What?" Eunhi covered her head with her hands. "What to do now?!"

"I don't know! The car is out of control!" Ji Hoon exclaimed.

The car suddenly crashed in the trees with a loud thud. It kept crashing in the forest until the friction completely ended.

She shut her eyes closed and sank into the seat. A loud thump was heard as they crashed.

------

As Eunhi opened her eyes, the blurry vision wasn't letting her see anything clearly. But she knew she was still in the car.