Chapter 13

Eunhi woke up to the sound of her alarm buzzing below her pillow. She squinted her eyes and checked the time, 5:30 AM.

Yawning, she got up from her bed, ruffling her hair. First, she opened the window of the room and peeked outside. The sun still hadn't risen.

She picked up her towel and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a bath.

After half an hour, when she stepped out of the bathroom, she was welcomed by the warm rays of the sunshine. The sun rose and the sunshine was entering her room through the window.

She quickly changed and sat on a chair near the window for some time. Feeling happy and relaxed, she blowdried her hair. After putting a light foundation and chapstick, she checked herself in the mirror and went outside her room for breakfast.

Hyemi was already up. "Good morning." She greeted and Eunhi smiled at her. "Good morning."

"I made breakfast for us." She placed a plate on the table with two toasts, some pieces of apple, and peanut butter. She poured out some coffee from the kettle into two cups. They both sat down together to eat.

"I'm not used to this. Sorry if I'm bothering you.." Eunhi muttered. "It's alright. I used to make breakfast for myself. Now I have to make two more toasts. No big deal." Hyemi said.

They quickly ate their breakfast and Eunhi went to her room to pick her bag. She took out her ring and slid it in her finger.

"Good luck for your first day." Hyemi wished.

"Thank you so much. We'll meet soon" Eunhi smiled as she wore her sneakers. Waving goodbye at Hyemi, she stepped out, closing the door behind.

It was a cold day but the sunshine was helpful as it was quite warm on her way to college. She already booked a cab and went off.

-------

As she reached the university, she stepped out of the cab and stared at the large building in amusement. "Wow. It's so beautiful." She chimed.

After asking two or three people, she found her way to her classroom. As she entered, there were already some students inside. All were busy chatting with each other. No one really paid attention when Eunhi entered.

She hesitantly walked to a bench and plopped herself down on the chair. Staring around, she glanced at the back where there was a group of girls, wearing heavy makeup and having pretty long nails.

Looking at them, Eunhi glanced down at her own nails, short and plain. "Is that allowed here?" She wondered.

She was just thinking about it when someone tapped on her shoulder. She looked back.

A boy was standing behind her with a bag on his shoulder. He had black hair and he was quite tall. Wearing a black baggy shirt and jeans, he stood straight as he smiled at Eunhi. "It's my place." He said.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Eunhi hesitantly stood up. "No need. You can sit here. I usually sit alone so it's okay." He smiled. Eunhi noticed as he smiled, his two front teeth were big and looked like bunny teeth. She moved and sat down on another chair.

"You're new here?" He asked as he placed his bag on the desk.

"Yes." Eunhi replied.

"What's your name?"

"Min Eunhi. Yours?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"It's really nice to meet you Jungkook." Eunhi flashed a smile and Jungkook tilted his head.