Chapter 17: Boxes

"You were a music box, with your lid shut so tight, just waiting to see who was lovely enough to want to hear something beautiful, just waiting to see who cared enough to open you up."

                                                            -K.P.K.

A small smile pulled on your lips as you stared down at the men in front of you. 

The small crew that you'd been with since day one was now kneeling before you, their hands tied behind their backs. 

From the varying looks on their faces, you could tell that they were silently planning your death. You had betrayed them, after all and now you were planning on stealing everything they had--their livelihood.

You had to admit, it felt good to be looked at like that. 

In the previous worlds, it seemed like everywhere you went a man was trying to defend you or kiss you, but now...looking down at them as they glared up at you, you felt powerful and it felt amazing to be powerful. 

Bluebeard's men let out loud laughs as they stared at the once great pirate crew, each of them reduced to kneeling before a woman.

"Park," You greeted with a confident smile. "I told you that I could handle myself."

He sent you a hard look before spitting at your feet angrily, causing you and the other men to laugh. 

"Go to hell." He gritted angrily. 

You tilted your chin at his words, running a hand through your hair as Bluebeard approached you from behind, his hand resting on your shoulder. 

"Are you sure you can get them to go willingly?" He asked softly. "It may just be better to kill them now."

You hummed in acknowledgement, eyes never leaving Jimin's. 

"I have my ways." You stated with a smile, turning to face the bearded captain. "But, first, I need a moment alone with them."

Bluebeard's eyes widened slightly at your words, gaze glancing towards Jimin momentarily. 

"Alone?" He asked. "My sweet child, that could prove to be dangerous-"

"You doubt my ability?" You asked, raising your brow. 

The black-haired man let out a laugh, shaking his head. 

"You're right." He beamed. "How foolish of me."

You nodded your head, watching as he rounded up his men, telling them to run and secure Jimin's ship from the harbor and begin preparing to push off by daylight. 

The door to the Inn slammed shut behind the grumbling men, leaving you alone with the people you had betrayed. 

"So this was your plan?" Taehyung snapped angrily. "To get involved with Bluebeard and kill us all!?"

You rolled your eyes, crossing your arms over your chest. 

"I'm not going to kill you." You deadpanned. "No one is going to kill you."

"Ah yes," Jimin chimed sarcastically. " And you've always been known for being trustworthy and honest."

Your eyes narrowed at his words. 

"You kidnapped me, Park." You gritted, pointing an accusing finger at him. "My loyalties were never with you to begin with. You have no right to condemn me even if I truly had betrayed you."

His eyebrows furrowed at your words, confusion falling over his features. 

"What do you mean?" Namjoon asked softly.