Chapter 24: Islands

"We are like islands in the sea--separate on the surface but connected in the deep."

-William James

Jimin's eyes were narrowed as he stared at your form from across the deck, his arms crossed over his chest as the tropical breeze blew his blue hair from his face.

Your blue eyes seemed to shine beneath the sun as you explained something to the dark-haired man beside you, the corners of your lips tugging upwards at something he had said to you.

Jungkook. That's what you called the taller man. You had claimed that he'd met you in Tortuga and you'd promised him work, so he could provide for his family.

The whole situation left Jimin feeling uneasy--Especially since it didn't make any sense to him. If he had truly been aboard the entire time, why hadn't Jimin or anyone else seen him? Him going overboard wasn't much of a stretch as sirens were known to eat humans, but the rest of the story hardly made any sense.

Still, Jimin wouldn't question you. Not in front of the dark-haired man. He had a feeling that he wouldn't get the truth out of you as long as he was around. And so, he waited until Jungkook left your side.

He'd been waiting for a while.

Jungkook hadn't moved away from you since the moment you'd released him, the large man following you like a lost puppy as you introduced him to the crew and showed him the ropes of how to sail the ship.

"And this is Jimin."

The blue-haired captain was pulled from his thoughts as you mentioned his name, hands motioning towards him as you looked at Jungkook.

The former siren tilted his head as he looked at the man, his brown eyes taking him in with contempt on his face.

You'd warned Jungkook that his blue eyes would bring about trouble for the both of you and so, he changed the color using his 'magic' so as not to bring on any suspicion.

Jimin tilted his chin upwards, assessing the newly-clothed man before him.

"Pleasure," Jimin greeted a sardonic smile on his face. "Apologies about locking you up. I was unware of your relationship with the captain."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed slightly.

"Our relationship is intimate. I could hardly expect you to know of me, especially when Y/n is so secretive."

Jimin's eyes jumped at that word; "intimate". His eyes shot to yours, watching as annoyance fell over your features.

"Again, my sincerest apologies. The last thing I'd want to do is separate two lovers such as yourselves--"

"We are not lovers." You interrupted, giving him a cold look, "He's simply an employee. I hadn't expected you to jump to such conclusions, Park. Your imagination is truly to be reckoned with."

"You'll forgive me if my unbridled jealousy got the better of me, captain," He smirked, "I just find myself a bit underwhelmed by the company you keep."

You raised an eyebrow.

He was challenging you.

That cocky little-

"Likewise," Jungkook deadpanned, crossing his arms to mirror the man across from him. "Your manners are deplorable. How dare you speak so familiarly to your captain? The bride of a siren?"

Jimin tilted his head back in laughter, enjoying the anger that flared from Jungkook's brown iris'.

"She and I have a deeper relationship than all that formality. Indeed, I'd wager our bond to be a great deal more 'intimate' than yours."