Chapter 10: Marks

"They were a history cut into his body: the map of a life of endless war."

                                                                                              -Cassandra Clare

Your eyes were heavy. 

Pain shot through your entire being as you slowly blinked, the sun pouring in through the window on the other side of the room in which you were now laying. 

You wanted to sit up, but you couldn't find any strength within your body to do so, heart beating slowly within your chest as you licked your dried lips. 

A soft groan came from you as you turned your head slightly, glancing around the room you were in. 

You recalled what happened to you--Jungkook, his voice....his threats.

You don't think that you'd ever really be able to forget any of that...The look on his face as he watched you suffer...You'd never forget it. 

Your body tensed up at the sound of the door creaking open, hands clenching into fists as you prepared yourself for the worst possible outcome. 

Hoseok eyed you from the door, a tray full of food in his hands as he entered into your small room, closing the door behind him. 

Your brows furrowed in confusion as you watched him set the tray down on the nightstand, turning to face you, an unreadable expression on his features as his kelly green eyes looked you up and down, scanning over your face. 

"Wh-Why are you here?" You asked, voice hoarse. "Did Jimin make you check up on me?"

Hoseok didn't respond, only giving you a disapproving look as he leaned down towards you, arms wrapping around your figure. 

Your eyes widened slightly at his actions, but you waited before showing a reaction. 

He lifted your upper body from the bed, hands resting on your shoulder blades as he helped you adjust to your new sitting position. 

You hissed in pain at the sudden movement, causing Hoseok to pause for a brief moment, eyeing you cautiously before continuing to put your pillow on the headboard, leaning you back comfortably. 

Your chest heaved in exhaustion. 

You could hardly believe how weak you seemed. You'd only moved two inches and yet, your entire body felt as though it were on fire...like you'd just run a marathon of some sort. Every breath you took was like ice, your chest hurting every time you inhaled. 

You'd never felt like this before. 

Hoseok grabbed the small tray, placing it in your lap as he sat on the edge of the bed, offering you a small spoon. 

You glanced at him, breathing heavily as sweat dripped from your brow, pale skin shining in the sunlight that poured from outside. 

You extended your hand, slowly grabbing the spoon from his hand and dipping it into the warm soup he had presented you with. 

The dirty blond man was silent as he watched you ingest the first spoonful, flinching as you swallowed the hot liquid.

"Are you alright?"

You nodded your head weakly. 

"I'm fine, just a little-"

Your eyes widened, head snapping up to stare at the green-eyed man in awe. 

"You can talk!?"

Hoseok sent her a hard look, raising his finger to his lips, shushing her harshly.