Chapter 2: Wagons

"Hitch your wagon to a star."
                                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Park."

Steven's voice came out low and dangerous as he stared at the man before him, eyes hard and cold with an undefined emotion.

Your body jerked forwards as the young king grabbed a hole of the rope that bound you, pulling you to stand beside him harshly.

You frowned at his actions, jaw tightening.

Jimin hummed in response, his silver eyes glistening beneath the sunlight.

"Come now, Steven," He started with a smile. "Why would I go after the bank, when today is tax day?"

Your eyes trailed down to the numerous bags of gold that laid beside the king's makeshift throne, eyebrows jumping at the amount of money that lay at Jimin's feet.

"That money belongs to the king." Steven growled.

"Not anymore."

Steven drew his sword swiftly, pointing it directly at Jimin's chest, his eyes narrowed in a dangerous fashion.

"You'll hang for this." He growled out. "I'll make sure of it."

The blue-haired man tsk'd shaking his head as he also drew his weapon, taking a step forward before crouching into position.

"Come on, then."

Those words were all it took for Steven to shoot into action.

You watched as he leaped up, his swinging his sword at the pirate, causing their weapons to clash together with a loud 'clang'.

Jimin smiled, dodging every strike with ease and grace, his own sword only moving to defend himself from any potential blows.

You titled your head in confusion as loud yelling filled your ears, eyes snapping to the ground beneath the platform.

You assumed that the rest of the guards had found out about the distraction, because now they were rushing back towards the platform, expression's stern and weapons drawn. There were too many for Jimin  to fight on his own. That was certain.

If you stayed still, the chances of you getting free were slim to none.

You let out a heavy sigh, smile growing on your face as you turned to face the king.

"Sorry your majesty," The king looked up at you curiously. "This is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you."

His eyes widened as your foot met the back of his knee, causing him to fall to the ground. You wasted no time before your knee collided with his already bloodied nose harshly.

You watched as his eyes rolled back in his head, body falling unconsciously on the platform.

"Huh," You started. "I guess it did hurt you more than it hurt me."

You looked back at the dueling men, both of them still concentrated on besting one another.

With one swift movement, you bent down, grabbing a small dagger from the passed out king's belt.

A huff passed your lips as you struggled to cut yourself free, after all trying to use a knife while your hands are behind your back is not an easy feat.

The sounds of guards clambering up the platform stairs was your motivation to get yourself free as soon as possible.

After a few more moments of cutting, the rope snapped and your hands were free from your bonds.