Chapter 19: Mirrors II

"Even the broken mirror never fails to do it's job."

                                                    -Anonymous

Your eyes were narrowed in concentration as your gaze scanned the mirror up and down, hand instinctively resting on the hilt of your dagger as you took a step towards the reflective glass.

You'd been at sea for a few hours now, helping around the ship and planning your next moves. Bluebeard sailed ahead of you on his own vessel New World. The two of you agreed that, if he needed to reach you, he'd send a carrier pigeon with his message strapped to it's leg. He also 'lent' you Thomas to use for whatever purpose you'd manage to find for the young cripple.

You couldn't help but feel like he'd sent the boy as a spy for him to make sure you were actually intending on upholding your end of the bargain.

You had to give him credit, that was a rather smart move on his end. So much for him being just another sea captain.

During all the hustle of getting the ship on track and hammering our the final details, you hadn't had much time to yourself, which meant that you didn't have too much time to talk to Jungkook and you had no doubt that the young siren was heavily confused about what exactly was going on.

Which was how you came to find yourself standing in front of the mirror where he first appeared to you, the door locked behind you to keep the men out.

You honestly had no idea how the whole "appearing in front of you" thing worked, but you needed to try to communicate with the siren. He was the ace of your sleeve, your secret weapon in case both men betrayed you.

"Jungkook," You called, lightly tapping on the glass. "Are you in there?"

You were greeted with silence, nothing but your reflection staring back at you.

You ran a hand through your hair, huffing out as you tapped a little harder.

"Hello?" You said, "Siren boy? Pedophile?"

"I still don't know what that means."

You jumped back slightly, a huff of air leaving your lungs as you moved your gaze to stare at the newly-appeared man in front of you.

His blue eyes stared you down curiously.

"You summoned me, mate?"

You rolled your eyes, shaking your head.

"Don't call me that." You scolded. "I'm not your mate."

The black-haired man pointed towards your ring finger, brows shooting up in amusement.

"According to that, you are."

Your eyes narrowed.

"Let's not forget whose fault it is that we even have these things, hm?" You said lowly. "I've got some questions that I need answered. If you ever expect me to trust you, you'll answer them truthfully.'

Jungkook nodded his head, staring at you.

"I've already told you, I cannot lie.-"

"Right." You interjected. "Because I can believe you so easily after you almost busted my eardrums."

He sighed.

"What do you wish to know?"

You paused, taking in his look before moving to sit on the bed, staring up at his form in the reflective glass of the mirror.

"We are sailing to find a music box." You stated, watching as his eyes widened, "A music box that you and your brothers formed together...What is this music box capable of?"