Chapter 6: Symbols

"Light is the symbol of truth."

                                -James Russel Lowell

"I still can't believe we are actually doing this."

Seokjin's voice came out in a low groan as he ran a hand through his hair, his light eyes drifting over to watch you as you leaned over the railing of the ship, the sun catching in your h/l, h/c hair as your blue eyes watched the waves roll beneath the large vessel.

Taehyung's lips moved upward in a smile as he watched you smile like a wondrous child.

"I think she's cute." He stated.

Seokjin's hand came into harsh contact with the back of the younger man's head.

"I'm not talking about her." He scolded. "I'm talking about this whole thing. Going to the Sapphire Isles is practically asking for death...Jimin is the best sailor I know.....so why is he taking such a great risk for a few extra pounds of gold?"

The mint-haired man furrowed his eyebrows, head shaking in confusion.

"I'm sure he knows what he's doing." He said. "Jimin has never led us wrong before."

Seokjin ran a hand through his hair, a sigh leaving his parted lips as his eyes fell back onto your figure.

"I know," He started, "But I can't help but feel like this girl is going to cause us trouble. Hoseok has been acting weird ever since Jimin brought her back onto the ship."

Taehyung shrugged.

"Well, you can't blame him...after what he's been through."

Seokjin leaned back, his legs crossing as he stared at you from afar.

"I don't get it." He sighed. "Jimin knows about Hoseok..he knows about what happened...so why would he-"

"Maybe he's smarter than you believe him to be."

Jin's body shot up, his mouth hanging open as his eyes took in the sight of his friend and captain.

His hand shot up, resting over his brow as his posture straightened.

"C-Captain."

Jimin raised a brow, eyes glancing over to you before moving back to the men before him.

"Don't you have better things to do than sit and gossip?" He asked. "Or should I give you more work to do?"

Jin shook his head, eyes falling onto the wooden deck beneath him.

"S-Sorry," He stuttered. "It won't happen again."

Jimin only hummed in response before making his way over to you, a smile pulling on his features as you turned to face him.

Seokjin let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding.

A chuckle sounded from beside him.

"Did you just salute him?"

"Oh, shut up."

_______________________________________________________________________________

A soft hum left your parted lips as you walked into the captain's quarters, bare feet padding against the wooden Persian carpet that rested on the floor as you made your way across the room.

As the daylight began to drift away from the sky, you began to feel cold and chilly, the salt water mixed with the cool breeze did not help aid you in that sense. So, Jimin informed you that he kept extra blankets beneath his bed and you were welcome to use them.