Chapter 8: Tortuga

"Be a Tortuga, take your time, but beat the quickest."

                                                    -Utkarsh Srivastarva

Your eyes were soft and full of curiosity as you stared at the familiar head of dirty blond hair, watching as the man who hated you communicated with the men around him using his hands, saying something about fixing the mast before another storm could come their way.

You sighed heavily, leaning back as your mind raced with numerous questions.

Why did he have such a problem with you?

You could only assume that ti wasn't you he had the problem with, but rather, what he believed you were....a siren.

The hatred he felt towards the race probably came from some kind of backstory that he was no keen on sharing...You wouldn't pry into his life as it wasn't your place...but you couldn't help but feel a bit angry that he would take out his frustration towards you....

Although, you did understand where he was coming from.

You sighed heavily, turning your gaze back out to the blue sea that surrounded you.

Jungkook had bothered you the entire night last night, constantly whispering at you from the mirror across the room. You finally had to cover up any reflective surface you could find..as that's what he seemed to be appearing in....reflections.

You were quite curious about the song that was tattooed on his body...but you had a theory about why it was there...

"Are you going to sit up there all day?"

Your eyes snapped downward at the familiar voice that filled your ears, head tilting to the side slightly as Namjoon smiled back up at you from the bottom of the mast, his hand waving at you.

"I was just keeping a look out."

The black-haired man grabbed the rope ladder, his body beginning the climb up swiftly.

"Then allow me to join you."

You remained silent, not wishing to voice your disliking of that particular idea just yet.

Once Namjoon had made it all the way up, he plopped down beside of you, head leaning back against the wood of the crows nest, his brown eyes studying the vast expanse of ocean around him.

"You seemed to be deep in thought about something, siren." He hummed playfully, turning to face you.

You nodded slowly, a sigh escaping your lips.

"I suppose you could say that."

Namjoon let out a hum, his eyes moving to rest on the form of the dirty blond man that stood on the deck below the two of you.

"He doesn't hate you, you know..." He stated.

Your head snapped to the side.

Did this dude just read your mind?

Namjoon chuckled at your gobsmacked expression.

"It wasn't that hard to tell what you were thinking about, especially when you were staring at him the whole time you were up here."

Your shoulders slumped slightly, hands resting on your knees as you hugged them closer to you.

"He definitely seems to hate me." You sighed. "He certainly acts like he does."

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders.

"He has a bad history with sirens.." He explained. "So, when Jimin suddenly brought one onto the ship...It made him feel insignificant...like his past and opinions didn't matter to the captain.."