C. 6 - Everyone For Themselves

Drew slowly closed the door behind her, hoping not to wake up any of the other cadets. Looking both ways she quickly walks into the forest. 

Drew wasn’t as suspicious as she should be, she kept reminding herself it was five in the morning, and that everyone was still asleep for another hour. 

After a few minutes of walking into the woods Drew pulls her hands out of her jacket pockets and rubs them against each other. Closing her eyes and thinking for a while, she makes her old backpack appear. 

Once a week, Drew would sneak out and use her phone for a while. She was starting to slowly lose memories. She would spend hours looking at videos and pictures of her siblings, parents, her two cousins, and her few friends. 

Deeper into the forest a certain trio met up to discuss their plans. 

“Don’t let anyone see you.” The burly blonde said, departing from Annie and walking away with Bertolt. Annie stood there for a while, staring at the dark grey clouds above before regaining her senses and starting her way back. Annie grew concerned as the dark clouds above started rumbling. Looking up once again, she continued to walk, only this time bumping into someone.

“Watch where you’re going.” Annie snapped at the cadet who bumped into her, even though it was equally both their faults.

“Sorry..” The mysterious cadet muttered before walking away.

Annie’s hand reached for the other cadets, tightly gripping it and pulling them back.

“What the hell dude.” The cadet turned around and faced Annie.

“What’s wrong with you.” Annie asks now, noticing who the cadet was.

“I don’t know some blonde chick in the middle of the forest bumped into me, kind of ruined my morning.” Drew tried to pull her hand away from said blonde however her grip only tightened. 

“Were you crying..” 

“Wh-what. Why would you ask that.” 

Drew had been crying, but she didn’t want anyone to know.

...it would have ruined her badass persona that she created in the past two years.

“Your eyes are red.” Annie simply stated.

“Yeah? And if I was crying what would you do about it?” Drews eyes nervously looked at her wrist, which was still being tightly held by Annies. Annie’s gaze soon followed.

“Your hand is red too.” Drew and Annie once again locked eyes. “Did you get into a fight?” 

“No..” 

“Did you... punch something?”

“...”

“A tree?”

Drew blushed and tried to wiggle out of Annie's hold. Instead Annie got a hold onto Drew’s other wrist and pushed her against the tree. Drew gasped when Annie pinned her hands above her head.

“You shouldn’t punch trees.”

“Why?”

“..I like trees.” (AN: SEE WHAT I DID THERE

“What’s it gonna do.. cry to its mother?” Drew once again tried to get free from under Annie, for some reason she couldn’t remember any of the self defence she had learned. 

“You could’ve hurt yourself, then you would be the one crying to your mother.”

Drew stilled, looking up at Annie with tears in her eyes.