C. 11

Drew never thought of the consequences of saving Marco. Reiner and Bertolt both constantly dropping by the infirmary to “check up” on Marco. 

Drew sat in a hard chair next to Marco for the past two days. She refused to move. 

The first few times that Marco woke up he informed the nurses and Drew that he barely remembered anything from the past week. 

Drew rubbed the back of her neck and chuckled nervously, “Heh… that might be my fault.” 

Marco turns his neck and looks at Drew, “Hmm?”

“I kind of like, hurled you onto the roof. I guess you hit your head.” The two laugh it off and Marco thanks Drew again for saving his life. Drew shrugs it off and let’s Marco get his rest.

A day has passed and Marco was still in the infirmary. Drew had her legs crossed with her elbow propped up while leaning her head onto her closed fist while she sat and waited for her friend to wake up. 

On Jean’s first day of cleaning duty with the rest of the unwounded Garrison and 104th cadets, Reiner had asked Jean how Marco was doing. Jean didn’t know Marco was hurt, and when Reiner told him the news he ran straight for the inferomory in the destroyed Garrison HQ. 

Drew was mid yawn when Jean busted into the room he didn’t even pause to apologize to the older Garrison soldier who he woke up. Jean was quick to ignore all the other sick or wounded soldiers and sat on Marcos bed.

Jean’s actions made Drew raise an eyebrow, she almost gasped when Jean smacked the sleeping boy across the face. 

Marco gasped and woke up with a start.

“Ow Jean!” Marco started to rub his cheek while sitting up.

“Didn’t I tell you not to get hurt!” Jean’s pointer finger was right in front of Marco’s face. 

Marco smacked Jean’s hand away and stretched. “Actually you told me not to die. And look! Here I am, all in one piece.” 

Drew bites on her knuckles trying not to laugh.

Jean finally noticed Drew silently giggling on a chair next to Marco’s bed. “What are you doing here?”

In response Drew lifts up her right hand to show Jean the bandage. 

“Wow one little cut and you get to stay here?”

“Pff you call this a cut Jean?” Drew pulls off the bandage and waves her hand in his face. 

“Oh my God is that your bone?”

“I think I’m going to vomit.”

“Yeah- put that away…” Jean shudders and looks away. 

Drew shrugs and wraps her bloody hand back up. 

“Hey Jean?” Drew rubs her eyes and stretches her back.

“What.” 

“How long are you going to be here?” 

“Till I get kicked out.” Jean boldly responded.

“Cool, wake me up when that happens. I don’t wanna leave Marco alone.”

Marco recoils like he didn’t believe what Drew was saying.“I’m not a child Drew.” He crossed his arms and sent Drew his ‘Death Glare’.

Drew waves a hand in the air before flopping face first onto the bed next to Marco. “Yeah whatever.” 

It didn’t take long for Drew to pass out. She was up all night making sure Marco was breathing and that Bertolt and Reiner stayed far, far away.