C. 8 - Armin

“What? What the hell do you mean you’re joining the scouts?” Drew tried to ignore Eren’s obnoxious voice while standing guard of the group. 

“What happened to the MP? That was your whole thing!”

“Don’t worry about it! A guy’s allowed to change his mind, okay?” 

“I think your speech yesterday lit a fire under him.” Drew watched the two boys start arguing. 

Everyone else was on cleaning duty while Drew was on guarding duty. 

“Can you guys keep a secret.” Drews blank expression grew into a smile, “‘Cause I totally just helped myself to the officers’ pantry.”

“Sasha! They’ll throw you into solitary confinement!”

“Seriously, what is wrong with you?” 

“What isn’t wrong with her?”

“It’ll be fine. I’m willing to share. Oh, can you imagine the sandwiches?” Sasha lets out an animalistic laugh. Drew bit on her thumb trying to keep in her laughs as well.

“Put it back!”

“Do you have any idea how rare meat’s been since the TItans took Wall Maria?” 

“Um, a little bit. Yeah.” 

“Just look at it this way. Pretty soon, we’ll take back all the room we need for livestock.”

“Oh lighten up guys!” Drew already knew none of them would be eating that meat since the Colossal Titan was about to breach once again. “Don’t you think we deserve some meat?” Drews smile was mischievous and well known, sending chills down Erens spine. 

“I would like a slice, pleace!”

“Hey, if he gets one, so do I! Just so you know.”

“Me, too! I’m in on it, too!” 

“But…”

“Don’t just stand there Eren. If they see us slacking off, we’re in for it.”

Drew slightly backed away from where Eren was, pulling out her blades. She was going to try to kill the Colossal Titan.  

“Any second now,” 

“Huh. Did you say someth-”

BOOM 

Everyone stared wide eyed at the Colossal Titan. While everyone was distracted Drew shot her ODM gear onto the top of the wall so she won't fall off. 

When the steamed knocked the rest of the clean up crew off the wall, Drew used airbending to create a forcefield around her. 

“Mounted Cannon Maintenance Squad! Prepare for battle!” Drew let out a war cry and went to work on the Colossal Titan. Drew targeted his hands first, without those his only other deadly weapons is his legs and steam. She wanted to create as little 

“The target is the Colossal Titan dead ahead!” Eren shouted, coming to the aid of the brave rank zero. 

“This is our chance!”

“Don’t let it get away!” 

“It got away.” Drew was mad, they were so close to getting the titan. Her and Eren worked well together. Eren distracted it - whether he knew he did it or not - while Drew prevented the red giant from swiping the cannons off the wall and onto citizens.

“I’m sorry. I-”

“Don’t apologise. Look at us. We were too scared to move.”

“No time for chit chat boys. Let’s head to HQ and get orders.” Drew didn’t want to waste time and wait for the trio to get yelled at for them to finally get a move on. The moment she dove off the wall she heard a garrison soldier start giving them orders.

-----

“Out of the frying pan and into the fire, cadets! Time to put your training to work!” 

Drew ignored the instructors booming voices and went to refill her gas. 

“Unless we seal the breach, the entire city’s as good as dead!” Mikasa was as stone cold as usual. But if you looked close enough you can see her eyes glint with worry. Drew silently listened to the golden trios conversation as she filled up her gas tank. 

“How long do you think before they take Wall Rose? Seriously, how long?” 

Drew grew irritated, she knew Eren was going to calm him down for the meantime, but Drew needed Armin to calm down for the rest of the day. 

“Ugh Armin!” 

Smack

“What-” The blond rubbed the back of his head and looked up at Drew. 

“Worry about one thing at a time, you can’t solve all of humanity's problems in one day. Not with problems this big.” With that, the raven hair girl waltzed away and towards her instructor to receive orders.

“Sir!” Drew did a sloppy salute to the instructor. “Permission to split away from my group and go rogue? I feel like my expertise will be best used throughout the entire field.”

“Do whatever Amos.” He grumbled and continued to yell at the other cadets.

By the time the rest of the cadets were given orders, Drew was already on the front lines taking over for the long forgotten vanguard. 

“How are there even this many damn titans!” Drew was jumping from building to building to conserve her gas. As always she knew that she would need to conserve it for later. 

After killing her 5th titan Drew heard a loud cry for help, turning to her left, she saw a small girl being held by a 13 meter class Titan. Her blood boiled at the sight. Releasing her hooks into the nearby buildings Drew flew towards the titan and let out a war cry.

“AHHHHHH!” Normally she would try to be stealthy and fast but she wanted to stop the Titan from eating the young girl. Drew’s blades dug straight into the Titans neck disconnecting it straight off its body. Drew bounced off a wall and dived for the girl in the dead Titans hand. 

The girls landed on top of a nearby building. Drew didn’t try to stop the girl from crying or even comfort her. Her eyes quickly scanned the area for Erens squadron, the moment she saw them was the moment an abnormal titan reached for Thomas. 

Drew turned to the teen. “Get on my back.” 

“Huh-”

“Just get on blondie.” Drew tightened the girls hands around her neck and jumped off towards the rooftop Eren and Armin's group was on. They watched as the abnormal swallowed Thomas and started to run away. 

Drew’s hands reached out and dragged Mina and another back onto the roof. “Stop.”

“D-Drew!” Mina gasped in surprise. 

“Stay here and watch this kid.” Mina and the rest of what's left to her squadron watched Drew let the girl off her back. “If you want to live, listen to what I’m going to say.” Drew’s eyes dart around trying to find Armin and Eren. “There’s too many Titans in that area- you guys can’t handle that. Someone take this kid to safety and the rest of you conserve your gas. The rest of the cadets will soon run out and meet up on a building. Look for them and watch your backs!” 

“Wait! Where are you going!” One of the guys on the squadron asked, Drew never formally met over half the people she trained with. Knowing she wouldn’t be able to save them all.

“Going to save Armin…. And Eren I guess.” With that Drew jumped off and started swinging to Armin.

Of course she knew Eren was going to need to get eaten, but she didn’t want to leave Armin there for himself. 

After killing nearly all the Titans that got in her way, Drew finally found Armin crying and shouting on a roof.

“Armin!” The blond boy’s head snaps to Drew, hope soaring through his body. The hope is soon replaced with sorrow when he sees an abnormal jump for Drew. 

-----

AN: Sorry it took me a while to update, I had a lot of homework.

Hope y’all enjoy :)