Knave of Hearts - Part 1

Ok, so I am having one of my special crazy moments. 🤪 And I have decided to try and combine GoT with another thing I enjoy. I have always loved Sherlock Holmes and thought that I would give the famous detective a GoT twist 😁. So, I hope you will follow me down this strange rabbit hole of a story. I have made Tyrion into the great detective, and Jaime the long suffering sidekick. I will try to combine as much of GoT and Victorian London as I can. Keeping characters from both stories as much as possible. I hope that you enjoy, and if people like the premise, I'll continue with the imagine 😄.

Tyrion was bored and had been for some time. And that wasn't a good thing for anyone involved. He hadn't had a case in what felt like years, well that wasn't exactly true. It had actually only been a matter of weeks, and despite his complaints that every criminal in England must have gone to ground, he had actually received a large number of letters from all over the country asking him for his assistance with one case or another. But instead of taking anything that may have kept his mind busy, even if only for a short amount of time, he had just placed every letter on the fire. Watching as the pleas for help had gone up in flames.

Jaime and Misses Hudson had begun to worry. Even at the best of times, Tyrion could get himself into trouble. Often disappearing into the dark and dangerous streets of the capital. To go goodness knows where, and do god only knew what. But when his mind wasn't suitably stimulated, the consulting detective could become a danger to himself. Often drinking until he was completely incapacitated.

But now, as Jaime made his way down the road, heading back towards Baker Street, Lestrade closely in tow. The old soldier couldn't help but hope that Scotland Yard finally had a case that would intrigue the mind of the great Tyrion Lannister.

"Are ya sure that he'll take this one?" Lestrade grumbled, as he caught up with Jaime. The two man coming to a halt as they reached the door of 221B.

Lestrade had never really been Tyrion's biggest fan at the best of times. So, to actually admit that he needed the little detectives help, was something that he really hated.

"A highly skilled thief that robs only the best and richest families in the country. A man that can get in and out of the grandest houses without being seen or heard by anyone. Taking only the finest jewellery from the strongest and best built safes. Always leaving behind a Knave of Hearts as his calling card. If Tyrion isn't intrigued by that, then I don't know what else to do." Jaime replied, as he pushed his way through the door. The ex- kings guard smiling as Misses Hudson hurriedly appeared.

"Thank goodness that you are back, Captain. I haven't heard a sound from him since you've been gone. I have knocked on the door, but he hasn't answered." The older lady informed Tyrion's long suffering brother, as she took his, and Lestrade's coats.

"Don't worry Misses Hudson. I'm back now. And if he had died up there, you would definitely know about it. There is no chance that my brother would ever leave this world quietly." The older Lannister brother tried to reassure her, as he and Lestrade made their way up the stairs.

"I do hope that have found him a case, captain." The landlady called out, as Jaime and Lestrade slowly opened the door to Tyrion's rooms. Both hoping that the detective wasn't currently involved in an experiment that may result in something getting blown up.

"Jaime?" Tyrion called out excitedly as he heard the door close. The detective suddenly appearing from another room and dropping unceremoniously into his chair. Jaime and Lestrade both eyeing the little man suspiciously as a broad, childlike grin spread across his face.

Jaime could do nothing but shake his head. He had seen this idiotic look on his brother's face many times before, and it could only mean one thing. Tyrion had found a case.

"Where have you been, Jaime? I have been waiting for you. I have received something very interesting in the mail." Tyrion informed his brother, as he rummaged through a large pile of post. The detective seemingly too lost in his own thoughts to see that Lestrade was in the same room.

"Where does it look like I've been?" Jaime asked, as he pointed to Lestrade who was still standing next to the door.

"I've been to Scotland Yard in hopes that Lestrade had a case for you. You are driving Misses Hudson and myself insane. We think.........." Jaime began, only stopping as he found himself looking at a smug Tyrion, holding a Knave of hearts card between his fingers.

"Oh, I already know about Scotland Yard's ongoing investigation into the Knave. I am quite aware of Lestrade's ineptitude as far as solving the case is concerned. But now, now we have been challenged." Tyrion declared, as he looked at the card.

"What are you talking about, Tyrion?" Jaime asked, as he took his usual seat. Lestrade sitting in a highbacked wooden chair just across from the pair.

"The card, Jaime. Don't you see? The Knave has sent his calling card as a message to us. He is challenging us to find him, goading us into coming after him. To do what Scotland Yard has thus far been unable to." Tyrion continued, as he suddenly jumped to his feet, and disappeared back into the room from which he had appeared.

"Well at least he's takin tha case." Lestrade noted, as he and Jaime got to their feet, and made their way to see what Tyrion was up to.

Jaime and Lestrade stood in the doorway. The two men wide eyed, as they stared at the wall before them that was covered in reports, drawings, and images from each of the stately homes that the Knave had already plundered. Jaime not able to believe that the scene had sprung up between him leaving to go to Scotland Yard, and his return. Lestrade not able to believe that Tyrion had already been able to get his hands on a copy of the file.

"Where did you get all this?" Jaime asked, as he and the inspector moved closer to wall. Both of them examining what Tyrion had already accomplished. 

"I got it from Clarky. But never mind that now. What is important is that I know where the Knave will strike next." Tyrion announced triumphantly, as he pointed to the picture of a stately home.

"But that's the Red Keep at Kings Landing. It's one of the most secure stately homes in the country. Lord Baratheon employs armed ex-poachers and old soldiers to roamed around his ground so that he can ensure his home and lands are protected. How do you know that the thief will strike there next?" Jaime enquired, as he looked between Tyrion and the inspector.

"And, Jaime, that is precisely why the Knave will make that his next target. His crimes have got bigger and bolder as his confidence has grown, and what better place to prove how good he is, than to steal from under the nose of Lord Baratheon? Plus, our thief has a number of things working in his favour. Firstly, Lord Baratheon's niece, Lady (Y/n) Baratheon, returned a few months ago from the continent, after a number of years away, finishing her education in Paris. It is well known that the old man dotes on the young woman and is throwing a grand masked ball in her honour in a week's time. The ball will allow our Knave some anonymity. Allow him to mingle with the other guests without them knowing that he is there. Secondly, Lady (Y/n) dislikes the armed men walking the grounds, so with her return, security at the castle has been less than it usually would be. Finally, the thief will strike that weekend as Lord Baratheon has purchased his niece a one of a kind necklace. The jewel at its center is said to worth a king's ransom." Tyrion continued, as he scrambled around in the papers on the desk. Pulling out a drawing of the said jewel and handing it to his brother.

"I have sent a telegram to his lordship advising him of my beliefs. I am waiting for his reply, but I am sure that you and I will both find ourselves invited up to Kings Landing, to not only make sure that his nieces' gift is safe. But also, his niece." Tyrion informed Jaime, as he made his way out of the room.

"So, brother. You might want to pack you best dress uniforms. I have been reliably informed that the Lady (Y/n) is not only incredibly intelligent, but also breathtakingly beautiful. And we want to make a good impression, don't we?" Tyrion called out. Jaime shrugging as he and Lestrade followed the little man out of the room.