Dark Knight - Part 2 - Bronn x Reader

Bronn watched as the Knight looked around the rooms that the sellsword had been informed had been set aside for the new resident. He couldn't help but think that the warrior looked so out of place. Like a wild animal had been taken from its natural surroundings and been forced into a cage.

The Knight belonged on a battlefield fighting some impossible war, not standing by the side of Joffrey. Bronn couldn't understand why the Dark Knight would accept such a situation, but he could only presume that like him and many others in a similar line of work, when there were no battles, no wars, a warrior had to feed themselves somehow, and even watching over Joffrey was better than starving.

"I saved you once, didn't I?" The Knight asked, turning to look at Bronn.

"It was many moons ago now, but I remember stopping the arrow." The warrior continued, as they moved to stand in front of the window that overlooked the great city below.

Bronn was taken aback. Surprised that after all those long years, the Knight would still remember saving his life.

"Er........yes. It was my first real battle. Ya stopped the arrow and told me to be more careful. That that was how fools die. I fought with ya again on a number of occasions, but I can't believe that ya remember that." Bronn told the figure that seemed to be lost in their thoughts.

"I remember every man that I have ever saved. Every man that I have ever killed. I remember every battle, every war. Every king and lord that I have fought for. Every brother in arms that I have lost. It is my gift, my curse." The Knight began, slowly reaching up their hand and placing it on the glass, as if trying to reach out into the world beyond.

"I know that you are wondering why I am here. Why I would agree to watch over that snivelling little brat. Well to answer your question, it is part of my penance. A price that I must pay. You see many, many moons ago, I offered my soul to the Lord of the Seven Hells if he would kill someone for me, someone that hurt me a great deal. And the Lord did as I asked, but there was a price to pay for his favour. And until the price for his service is paid in full, I am to be his weapon. I must kill all those whose souls he desires, have their blood flow into the very soil so that the Lord may feed on it. But the Seven took pity on me. For every soul I take, if I save a life in return, I may save my own soul from eternal purgatory when my debt is paid. I have lived for a very long time, and my obligation is nearly fulfilled, the books almost balanced. And there is one soul that the dark lord truly wants before I am done, and I am here to ensure that he gets it." The Dark Knight explained, as they slowly moved over to the bed, taking a seat on the edge as Bronn listened in disbelief.

When those old warriors had told him that the Dark Knight had saved their grandfathers, and their grandfathers, grandfathers, Bronn had not believed them, simply putting it down to old men's exaggeration. But now, now he believed it was true. All the farfetched tales, all the drunken stories of the Knights feats on the battlefield were fact. The gods were watching over their warrior, and whether good or bad, all of them were using the creature that stood before him.

"Now you are wondering how I have lived so long. Well, the secret is in the mask I wear. This was once cover in many symbols, one for each life I was to take, and each time I take one, a symbol disappears. Now there is only one left, and as soon as that life has been snuffed out, I will be able to rest." The warrior sighed, slowly reaching up their hand and pulling their dark hood from their head. Bronn amazed as waves of pale hair fell down the warriors back.

"I have no idea why I am telling you all this. I have never told this to another living soul. Yet I feel that it is important that you know, so that when I am gone, you do not think less of me. And the stories of what I did in this world are told to many generations to come." The Knight continued, as they slowly pulled on the straps that held the mask to their face. Bronn stumbling back in shock as a beautiful, pale, female face was revealed. A pair of deep sparkling eyes, staring down as the mask fell into the Knights lap.

"You are surprised that the great and feared Dark Knight is in fact a woman. Well death does not always come on the battlefield by the sword. Sometimes death comes in pretty packages with a seductive smile, and a warm loving embrace. In those circumstances, a kiss can be ever more deadly than a blade." The beautiful woman told the still stunned Bronn, who had moved to steady himself on a chair.

"So, ya........ya ere ta kill Joffrey?" Bronn asked, watching as the Knight raised up the mask, and looked deep into its dead eyes.

"No. I am not here to kill the boy. I am here to make sure that those that are planning his death are not impeded in their endeavour. Once he is gone, once the last breath has left his body, the last symbol will disappear. And if the gods judge that I have saved enough souls, then maybe, just maybe, I will be allowed to have a life of my own. If not, then my soul will belong to the Lord of the Seven Hells, and I will forever be his weapon." The Knight said with a heavy sigh, as they dropped their head into their hands.

Bronn wasn't sure what to do with all this information. He could go tell someone about why the warrior was really there. That the Knight knew that Joffrey was to die. But there again, it didn't seem to the sellsword that anyone would really miss the sadistic little shit if he was to die. And in fact, the Knight was doing everyone a service by being there to ensure that those that were actually going to kill Joffrey, were successful. Plus, who was he to deny the Knight peace? She had saved his life, saved many lives, and if Joffrey died, then his saviour would finally have that peace.

"Do ya have a name? I mean a real name. Ya can't tell a man all that and then not introduce yaself." Bronn asked. His heart pounding violently in his chest as the warrior raised her head and smiled at him.

"I.......I do. But I have not been called it since I was a child. My mother........she, she named me (Y/n). You may call me that if you wish." The Knight told him. Bronn straightening himself and bowing slightly.

"It's a pleasure to meet ya (Y/n). My name is Bronn. And as I owe ya my life, I will give ya any assistance that I can. Now, I would be honoured that when ya settled, that ya come and join me fa a drink. If ya ta watch ova Joffrey, ya gonna need it." Bronn chuckled, before bowing again and leaving the warrior alone in her room.