Thunder and Lightning - Sandor x Reader

(Y/n) couldn't help but smile as she watched her husband chop wood for the fire, her hand softly settling on her ever growing belly; it was hard for her to believe that they were here together, a world away from what their lives used to be.

Walking into their small cottage, (Y/n) settled by the fire, picking up her husbands shirt, the latest in the long line that always needed mending; as she did, her eyes inadvertently fell on the swords that stood in the corner of the room, now gathering dust.

The blades were all they really had left of their old lives, well those and a large black courser that lived in the stable, currently munching happily on the fresh straw that she had just given him.

Getting up from her seat, she placed the sewing down on the chair, and moved over to the swords, picking up the blade that she used to wield, a blade that had once made her one of the deadliest warriors in the Seven Kingdoms, her husband's bigger blade having adding to his already feared reputation.

Sandor had once been like thunder, he was gruff, menacing, sullen and sonorous; he was feared, the mere mention of his name could make grown men quake in their boots, his visage bringing weak men to their knees.

(Y/n) had been like lightning, she was fast and tempestuous, and she had a hidden fury that once roused could not be tamed; she could kill swiftly and mercilessly, a fact that had ensured that she had as much a feared reputation as Sandor.

(Y/n) and Sandor had met when she had journeyed to the Wall to offer her assistance to the son of the man that had once been a friend of her father. (Y/n) had met Ned when she was younger, when he had come to stay at her home, giving him a chance to reconnect with her father whom he had fought next to on a number of occasions. She had always liked the old wolf, he had been kind, and when he had discovered that she could fight, he had encouraged her, telling her that one day she could be great; and now that the Seven Kingdoms could be in jeopardy, (Y/n) had decided that it was only right to repay Ned's kindness by joining his son Jon.

Jon had been surprised when she had arrived at the Wall, he had heard about the lady, heard about the friendship between Ned and her father, and he had also heard of her feared reputation, so when she had offered her assistance, he had gladly accepted.

The Lord Commander had introduced her to the others, her repute as well as the fact that she had had previous friendly dealings with the Brotherhood Without Banners, and was known to both Beric and Thoros, ensured that she was more than accepted by the group, and her dislike of the Lannister's meant that she was instantly popular with many more; the only one that she was yet to meet was Sandor.

(Y/n) of course knew of the large scared man, who in the Seven Kingdoms didn't, and even though he had become a member of the Brotherhood, the two warriors had surprisingly never come across one another; but all of that was to change.

Sandor had been away from the wall, but on his return his first glimpse was not of the Lord Commander, or any of his other fellows, but the face of a woman, a woman that seemed so perfect that he almost forgot himself.

From the first moment of meeting, the two great warriors had proved inseparable, their relationship as passionate and turbulent as the forces of nature themselves. When the two fought side by side, it was if the other knew instinctively each movement, each blow that the other would make, their own blows complimenting the others, making the pair the perfect fighting machine; and wherever lighting went, thunder was sure to follow.

When the war, and the walkers had finally come, (Y/n) and Sandor had stood alongside one another, ready and willing to face anything and everything that could possibly come their way, prepared to give their all for their friends, their world, but most of all for one another.

As the walkers had fallen, and the day had been won, the lovers had stood quietly surveying the battlefield, breathing heavily as they scanned the bodies of their fallen comrades, hoping beyond hope, that their friends had survived; but as (Y/n) slowly slipped her bloody hand into his, Sandor had known that what mattered more than anything was that they were alive.

From that moment, the two warriors had decided to leave, despite Jon insisting that they were more than welcome to return to the wall with him, the pair knew that they had had enough of killing, enough of bloodshed, and enough of losing people they cared for. They had determined to find somewhere that they could live a simple existence far from the world, where no one knew of their reputation, so that they could both have a life that they could call their own; and that was what they had done.

"Ya better be careful with that love, ya might hurt yaself, ya ain't as quick as you used ta be." Sandor chuckled as he entered the home, dropping a pile of wood next to the fire.

Before he knew it, (Y/n) was next to him, her blade pointed at his throat. "I'm as quick as I ever was, and I could still beat you even if I was blindfolded, don't forget that Clegane." She told him, smiling as he carefully moved the blade away from his throat, and pulled her into his arms.

"Ay, I don't doubt it love, but there's two a you, and only one of me, I'm outnumbered." Sandor said, his hand settling softly on her belly.

"And don't you forget it Sandor Clegane, from now on you'll always be outnumbered." (Y/n) said, smiling as she rested her head on his chest.

"Are you happy Sandor, I mean are you happy with our lives?" She asked, looking up into his eyes.

"I have a woman I love, and my child growing in her belly; I don't hav ta look ova me shoulder and wonder if someone is coming fa me, and I don't hav ta kill, why wouldn't I be happy?" Sandor asked before pulling his wife into a gentle kiss.

"Now if I could just get someone ta chop all that damn wood, I would be the happiest man in the Seven Kingdoms." Sandor joked, as (Y/n) pulled away slightly.

"Well I will make you a deal, you sew your shirts, and I'll chop the wood." (Y/n) said, pointing to the sewing on her chair.

"I've got an even better idea." Sandor told her as he lifted her into his arms and made his way to the bedroom.

"Let's show the heavens what real thunder and lightning sounds like." Sandor said, chuckling as he kicked the door closed behind them.

(Y/n) smiled as Sandor laid her on the bed, sometimes even a quiet life could still shake the gods.