The Goddess of Warriors - Dream Team x Reader

She was born of war, a goddess of blood and death, of sword and shield and bow and arrow. Since time began, (Y/n) had been in every battle, every skirmish and every war man had incited. Any man that had ever stepped foot on the field of battle had seen her, a perfect pale creature dressed from head to toe in black, an eerie dark mist surrounding her as she fought her way through the carnage, through the blood, the bodies, and severed limbs.

The goddess would always fight on the side she thought most just; but when the cries of war had died down, and the field silent except for the caws of the crows picking at the bloody corpses, she would wander through the dead, selecting only the souls of the most valiant warriors from both sides, to take to sit by the right hand of the gods.

All fighting men feared the dark goddess, desperate to never have to face her in combat; but also fearing that after the fight they would not be chosen to join the gods, so as much as men dreaded the sight of her, they also prayed that she would look on them as she chose them at their death.

Every man would pray to her before they drew their sword, asking for her to watch over them, to steady their hand, and give them courage in the face of their enemies, offering her a drop of their own blood as tribute; and this was what all men had done before they set foot beyond the wall.

"Lord Commander! There's a woman coming." Gendry called out as he rushed over to where Jon sat with Beric, Thoros, Sandor, Tormund and Jorah, discussing their next course of action; they had to catch a wight walker to prove to others that they existed, and to show what was to come.

"What do you mean, a woman?" Jon asked, as all the men looked up at Gendry, who was looking slightly confused that someone, anyone, especially a woman, would be so far beyond the wall.

"Just what I say my lord, a tall pale woman, carrying a large sword and shield, with a huge bow slung over her shoulders." Gendry said, growing more confused as he looked at the shocked faces of the seasoned fighters.

"It can't be. Why would she be here? There is no battle." Beric said to the others, as they rose from their seats to see if the woman was who they believed.

"There is no battle yet, but it is coming, and lets just hope that this means that she is on our side." Jon told Beric, as the group followed Gendry.

As the men's eyes fell on the woman that was approaching, each one of them dropped to their knees, even Sandor who did not believe in the gods, believed in the goddess, and as he fell, he pulled Gendry down with him.

"Who is she?" Gendry asked Sandor, as the men watched her close in.

"She's (Y/n), tha goddess of warriors and battle. Let's just hope she ain't after our spirits just yet." Sandor whispered, motioning for Gendry to be quiet.

"My, my, my, what a gathering of warriors this is." The goddess said, as she stood before the men, surveying their faces, the black mist that surrounded her, gently drifting over the kneeling men.

"Beric Dondarrion....... you won't be able to cheat me of your soul forever; your priest will only rob me of you for so long." The goddess said, glaring at Thoros.

"One day my lady, I will be privileged to sit by the hand of the gods, but not just yet." Beric said, cautiously looking up at the goddess.

"I can wait Beric, I have all the time I need, not even Thoros can make you live forever." The goddess said with a chuckle as her eyes fell on the scared man next to him.

"Ah Clegane, another man that cheats me of a soul. You all, have such an irritating ability to live." The goddess said, as she looked over at Tormund.

"Tormund Giantsbane, I do so enjoy fighting by the side of Wildlings, you bring such...... fun to a battle." She said, as Tormund looked up her, smiling cheekily.

"I also enjoy the way you bring fun to other things." The goddess said, winking at Tormund.

"And whom might you be?" The goddess asked, looking at a wide eyed Gendry.

"G.....Gendry if it please my lady." He said, as the goddess crouched down before him, gently taking his chin in the palm of her hand, looking over his features.

"You have the look of your father about you, he was such a handsome thing too when I fought by his side. It was such a shame he died as he did, but I could not pass up the opportunity of having a soul such as that of Robert Baratheon's, and even though he did not die in battle, I always have a place for a warrior such as he." The goddess said, smiling softly at Gendry, as she brushed her thumb over his cheek.

"And lastly we have the Lord Commander." The goddess said, as hers and Jon's eyes met.

"It is you whom I have come to speak with, and to offer my sword to." She said, holding out her hand for Jon to take, as he slowly rose to his feet.

"There is a war coming Commander, and I have chosen to fight by your side. These walkers cheat me of my warriors, and no man that has fought should have to become one of those creatures. I pledge you my sword and bow, I will fight by your side and protect those that pass; I will be at your command, if you will have me." The goddess said, unsheathing her sword and holding it out before Jon.

The other men looked over at Jon, waiting to hear what he would say; even though they had all fought with or against the goddess at one time or another, no one had ever seen the woman offer her sword to anyone before.

"My lady, it is we that pledge to you. Each man will gladly fight by your side, the knowledge of you good favour will spur all of them on to fight harder than ever before. We will give you our blood and our lives." Jon said, as he and the other's unsheathed their swords, offering them up to the smiling goddess.

"Very well then Commander, let's go find you a walker."