Petyr and the Wolf - Petyr x Reader

You knew you shouldn't, you knew what kind of man he was. You knew of his obsession with your mother, and had been warned against having anything to do with the man; but from the moment you lay your eyes on him when you arrived in King's landing with your father and sisters you had been smitten.

As the oldest daughter of Ned and Catelyn Stark, and Robbs twin, your father had brought you with him to help with your sisters while he undertook his new role as the Hand of the King.

You were different to your sisters in so many ways; you were not filled with silly romantic dreams of knights in shining armour like Sansa and unlike Arya you had no need for sword play or warfare. You, well you were intelligent, and your intelligence was only rivalled by your dark beauty; if it was not known that you were a Stark, many would have mistaken you for a Martell.

Generally you were the quietest of the girls, always with your nose in a book, speaking rarely; more interested in listening to your elders and the servants to guarantee that you gained as much information as possible, ensuring that you knew most of what was happening in and around Winterfell.

Growing up you would spend most of your time reading, while sitting watching Robb, Theon and Jon practice with the sword, only interrupting your studies to cheer for the boys when the time was right.

Many suitors had asked your father for your hand over the years, captivated by your beauty, your boundless grey eyes, and the mysterious aura that seemed to surround you. Your father, luckily, had turned down the requests of your suitors, knowing that his oldest daughter would not be married off for money or power, or for the idea of a fanciful unattainable love that was written about in books; but that you would marry for real love, imperfect, unbridled, passionate love, a love that could only be granted by the gods, old and new.

No one in Winterfell had ever interested you; not a single man that had visited, or even passed through had caught your eye, and it wasn't until you had arrived in King's Landing that you found two man that held your attention.

As soon as you met Lord Tyrion Lannister you had become firm friends, he was a kind and intelligent man, prone to overindulging and bawdy talk but when you were both sat in the library it was always comfortable, and you would find yourself talking to him for many hours, learning all about himself, his family, King's Landing and who the main players in the game were.

The other man was Lord Petyr Baelish, Master of Coin for King Robert. You knew what he was the moment you lay eyes on him; a skilled manipulator who played the game perfectly. A man that used the whores in his brothel to acquire intelligence that he could use against his rivals and attain a vast fortune. The man was a threat, unscrupulous in his lust for power, and a man that would use anyone and anything to get what he wanted.

But despite knowing all this, there was something about the man that intrigued you, and indeed attracted you, and from the way you would catch him watching you from afar, you believed that the same was true for him.

As your stay in King's Landing lengthened, so did Petyr's interest in you, as a result, when he was not otherwise detained by his duties, he found himself spending his every minute with you. You fascinated him, not just because a little part of you reminded him of your mother, but more that you were different. He was impressed by your mind and had already found out that you would spend some time with the servants, listening to their gossip, and rumours, gathering information and knowledge. He couldn't help but give a wry smile knowing that you were probably finding out more in one night with a smile and a kind word, than his whores could find out in a week with their legs open.

He was captivated by your beauty, and despite himself, he found that he was thinking about you more and more. He found himself jealous of Tyrion when he heard of the time you would spend together in the library, how you would laugh with the imp, and happily bestow upon him one of your beautiful smiles. Even though he knew it was insane, even though it went against all his plans, he knew he had to have you; he saw himself in you, he saw how you were able to sweetly manipulate others into giving you what you wanted without them knowing or caring. With you by his side he would have an equal, a woman that he would be proud to call his wife. It was then it hit him; he was in love!

"Good morning my lady (Y/n)." A silky voice said from behind you, his smooth accent drifting through the cool morning air.

Without even turning, you addressed him. "Good morning Lord Baelish, is the small council meeting over so soon? You men should really find more to talk about." You said with a soft chuckle as the man in question came to sit by your side on the stone bench in the garden.

Without a word he moved you so that the two of you were face to face, his hands on your cheeks, holding them gently.

"How do you find me my lady?" He asked, a strange needy desire showing in his eyes, a look that you never expected a man like Baelish to ever show.

"Well my lord, I normally open my eyes and there you are." You said sarcastically, trying not to give into the butterflies that were wildly fluttering in your stomach.

Petyr sighed heavily and let go of your face. "You are making me weak my lady, and that is a feeling that I do not relish. My every waking though is of you, my every dream is filled with visions of you; I need to know whether you feel anything for me."

For the first time since you had met him, his normal stoic, cool demeanour had vanished, to be replaced by a something softer, more vulnerable.

Standing up from the seat you looked at the man in front of you.

"Is this some strange way for you to get closer to my mother, Petyr? You may be able to manipulate others, but I assure you that I am a very different animal, and I will not be used, by you or anyone else." You said, turning to walk away, only to find your wrist caught, your body being pulled backwards until you were in his arms, your lips only a breath apart.

"This has nothing to do with your mother, this is all about you and me. I love you (Y/n), the gods help me, I love you, and I need you by my side for the rest of my days. We were made for one another you and I, together we can play the game better than anyone has ever done before. Just say that you will be mine."

With that his lips were on yours, the passion in his kiss almost taking your breath away, as his arms snaked around your waist pulling you closer.

As you pulled away from his lips for air, you looked into eyes.

"If you ever hurt or use me Petyr, you will find out how very much alike we are, and you will see that this wolf has teeth." You warned, as you pulled him in for another kiss.

As you broke apart, Petyr took your arm in his. "Come my love, I believe that we must discuss our future with your father." He said as he led you back into the keep.

As you walked to your father's rooms with Petyr you knew that life would never be the same, your life would be imperfect, and there would be tears and pain; but there would also be love, and that love would be worth everything.