The Hound and the Phoenix - Sandor x Reader

Ok, I'm doing something a bit different again. If anyone is OOC my apologies.

Sandor and Arya had been travelling for some time before they came across the mysterious woman. During her short time with the pair she had said nothing apart from some things in a language that neither Sandor nor Arya had ever heard.

When they met her, they had been setting up camp for the night when they had seen the glow of what they thought was a campfire in the distance. Sandor had told Arya to stay where she was while he investigated, but Arya being Arya she had refused.

"Who do you think it could be?" Arya whispered as the pair creeped closer and closer to the glow.

"I know as much as you do girl, now be quiet." Sandor grumbled as he drew his sword from its sheath.

Instead of finding the camp that they had expected, they found a simple small fire with a figure under a light cloak next to it.

"Is it a person?" Arya asked.

"We'll see in a minute." Sandor answered as he slowly removed the hood from the figures head.

Sandor stumbled back slightly when he saw the face underneath. It was a young woman, older than Arya but still not too old. Her pale skin was decorated with tattoos which made intricate patterns in her flesh; Sandor had never seen anything like it before, but instead of marring her beauty the tattoos only served to enhance it. He had never heard of a people in all the Seven Kingdoms that did such a thing. She moved slightly, and waves of hair, as red as the setting sun fell around her face and neck accentuating her pale skin all the more.

"What is it?" Arya asked from behind him.

"It's a woman." Sandor answered.

"Shouldn't we wake her? She shouldn't be out here alone; the gods only know what could happen to her." Arya told him.

"Well what do ya expect me ta do? We don't know who she is, or what she is capable of." Sandor huffed, his eyes looking over the sleeping form.

"Sandor, she has no weapon, she is on her own, and she doesn't look like she's any threat to me. What I expect is for us to take her with us." Arya's raised voice instantly woke the sleeping woman. A pair of bright yellow eyes stared at the two before the woman sprung to her feet, and quickly bolted for the trees. Arya followed, quickly running after the fleeing figure. Sandor groaned, cursing under his breath as he chased after the two females.

By the time Arya had caught up with the woman her lungs and muscles burnt as she desperately gasped for breath. She watched as the woman in front of her seemed to shake a little, not from fear or anger but something else that Arya couldn't quite put her finger on. The woman wasn't out of breath in the slightest, in fact to Arya it looked as though she had flown through the trees, gracefully avoiding branches and limbs as she fled.

Arya put her hands up. "I am sorry milady, we did not mean to scare you, we just want to help." Arya said as her eyes looked straight into the yellow orbs of the woman.

The woman turned her head slightly, her eyebrows furrowing as if she had not understood anything that Arya had said. Sandor rushed up behind Arya, his sword in hand.

"Alright, ya cornered her, what do we do with er now?" Sandor asked as the woman flinched when she saw the sword that he was wielding.

Arya glared at him. "Will you put that away, can't you see that she is no threat?

Reluctantly Sandor sheathed his sword.

"I don't think she understands us." Arya said as the woman continued to look at the pair curiously.