Don't make me leave - Robb x Reader

This is the first of two imagines that have been requested by ImagineWriters_777. For some reason I find it hard to write for the Starks, but I hope that this will not disappoint, and I hope that its what you had in mind. Please enjoy. 😊

Catelyn and Ned looked at one another as the sound of raised voices once again resounded through the hall of Winterfell, the lord and lady of the north rolling their eyes and shaking their heads as the sound of a slamming door echoed through the great castle.

This was nothing new, in fact it had become quite commonplace for the shouts, screams and bangs to break the silence that normally surrounded the seat of the House Stark.

"I don't understand it. Those two used to be so close, I couldn't keep the two apart when they were children, they were always together, pretending to fight dragons and all manner of terrifying creatures. Now I still can't keep them apart, but this time I have to stop them from strangling one another." Ned groaned, as he heard Robb's angry voice shout for (Y/n) to come back and finish their argument.

(Y/n) was like part of the family. She was Jory's younger sister, and had grown up with the other Stark children, but she had always been closest to Robb, the two sharing everything, going everywhere together, and only separating when they were forced to go to their beds; but as they had got older, the two seemed to have grown apart and now did little more than fight, taking every opportunity to insult and aggravate the other. 

Catelyn and Ned had always hoped that Robb would one day marry the beautiful young woman, who, like her brother and uncle, was an accomplished warrior that was excellent with a sword, and like her beloved uncle Rodrik, was much loved and respected by all the inhabitants of Winterfell. (Y/n) had found her place in the great castle as second in command to her brother in the guards, and would train with Rodrik every day to hone and improved her already impressive skills; but now that the two did nothing more than fight, Catelyn and Ned had to accept that marriage was something that was now never going to happen.

"I am not here to save your arse every time you go and get yourself in trouble Robb Stark. I am not your personal bodyguard, and even if I was, you are big enough and ugly enough to look after yourself." (Y/n) shouted as she stormed into the great hall where Ned and Catelyn sat, the young woman not seeming to notice the lord and lady.

"That is amusing. Because you are the last person I would ever call on if I was in trouble. And I think that you will find that I am a much better swordsman than you could ever dream of being and would never need your help. If you were a man, I would have already shown you that I am better with a sword, but as I am a gentleman, I thought it would be bad manners to challenge a woman." Robb growled, as he stomped into the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Why you conceited, arrogant, pig headed arse. If you want a fight with me I can assure you that I would take great delight in proving that I am the greater swordsman, and I also assure you I would be more than happy to prove it at any time or any place you wished." (Y/n) bellowed, as she and Robb stood toe to toe, the pair reaching for their swords.

"You will do no such thing, either of you." Ned interjected, (Y/n) and Robb turning to see the angry face of the lord.

"I do not know what has changed between you two, or even why it has changed; but these incessant arguments must stop, because if they do not, I will have to split the pair of you up, and as much as I dislike the idea, that would mean sending (Y/n) away from Winterfell." Ned told the pair, glaring at Robb who seemed to be chuckling at the idea of (Y/n) being forced to leave.

"You are right my lord. It is beneath both of us to argue in such a fashion, and I agree, if Robb cannot stop himself from acting like a spoilt child, then I would rather leave. I do not wish to cause any further problems." (Y/n) said, before bowing respectfully to Ned and Catelyn then leaving the room.

"Well, I hope you are happy with yourself." Catelyn commented, Robb watching wide eyed as (Y/n)'s form disappeared down the long corridor.

>>------------------------------<<

(Y/n) woke with a start, her hand shaking as she reached to light the candle next to her bed. Her body was glistening with sweat, her hair sticking to her face as she tried to calm herself from the terrifying nightmare that seemed to be scaring her as much awake as it did when she was asleep.

Holding the damp bedding to her body, she knew she had to leave her room, she knew that she had to speak to someone, and there was only one person that she wanted that to be, the only person that would still be awake at that late hour of the night.

>>----------------------------------<<

Robb sat in his rooms, looking out into the dark expanse of the night, the large moon seeming to flood his chamber with its light as if the great celestial orb was forcing him to stay awake, forcing him to think about the days events.

It was always the same when he had had a big argument with (Y/n), the moon always seemed to shine just into his room, forcing the heir of Winterfell to think about what he had done and said. Robb sighed heavily, dropping his face into his hands as he thought about (Y/n) leaving, and he knew that no matter what it took, this time he was going to have to fix the situation.

A sudden loud bang on the door to his chambers shook Robb from his thoughts, the noise causing him to spring to his feet, not knowing who could possibly be hammering on his door at that time of the night. Normally he was the only one in the great castle that would be awake at such an hour, so this sudden intrusion into his thoughts was at once annoying, but also intriguing.

"Robb. Please don't make me have to leave." A bedraggled (Y/n) pleaded, as Robb opened the door, the young guard flying into his arms, tears streaming down her face as she held onto him for dear life.

"I don't want to leave the only home I've ever known; I don't want to leave Jory or my uncle. I don't want to be apart from your family, but most of all I don't want to be away from you. I know that you hate me Robb, but I love you, I've always loved you." (Y/n) declared, as she tried to push herself deeper into Robb's chest.

"Wait. You, you love me? I thought you hated me." A mystified Robb asked, as he placed his hand over (Y/n)'s tear soaked cheek, gently moving her head so that she was now looking into his eyes.

"I could never hate you. I don't know why the arguments started, but when they did, I thought that you no longer cared for me, so I retaliated. I was angry and hurt, I thought that you wanted me out of your life so that you could marry some pretty lady that only knew about sewing and had never held a sword. I never meant to hurt you, I never wanted to shout at you. All I've ever wanted to do is love you." (Y/n) sniffed, as Robb brushed the tears from her cheeks, a soft rumbling chuckle emanating from the young lord as he kissed her softly on the forehead.

"It looks like we have both been very foolish, (Y/n), because I thought all those things of you. I thought your eye had fallen on some handsome guard, and the idea of losing you to someone else angered me. I never want to lose you; I never want you to leave Winterfell. I don't want some spoilt lady that knows nothing of the world, or how life really is, I want you." Robb told her, (Y/n) starting to laugh as he brushed his fingers through her hair.

"Can I stay with you now? I don't ever want to leave you again." (Y/n) asked, Robb smiling as he took her by the hand, leading her over to his bed, the two lying down as Robb pulled her to his chest.

"Don't worry my love, I promise that nothing and no one will ever make you leave me." Robb assured, the pairs eyes closing as the rays of the moon seemed to dim, allowing the lovers to sleep in one another's arms.