The daughter of the sun and moon - Part 1 - Tyrion x Reader

Tyrion sat in the great library of the Red Keep, thumbing absentmindedly through some ancient tome. He finally had to admit that he was bored. He felt as though he had read every book and manuscript that the library had to offer, more than once, and now he needed something more. Something that he had never seen, read or known before. Something that would amaze and intrigue him. Something that would sharpen his mind and make him think. Yet as he eyed the shelves of dusty books, he doubted that he would find it here.

With a heavy sigh, he jumped down from his seat. The little lion awkwardly loosing his footing as he landed on a small pile of books, and annoyingly finding himself flat on the wooden floor, under the table. Just happy that no one was around to see the embarrassing incident.

"Well, hello there." Tyrion said, as he eyed a small book that he was sure that he had never seen before. Its pages bound in the finest red leather that he was positive that he would recall if he had set eyes on it previously.

"And what are you, little one?" The youngest lion enquired, as he sat back down on his chair, and brushed his fingers lightly over the soft cover, before dropping back into his seat, picking up his glass, and opening the cover. Thankfully finding himself instantly interested as he read the title of the book.

"The daughter of the sun and moon? Hmmmm. Well, you're certainly nothing that I have ever heard of before, and that can only be a good thing. So, why don't you enlighten me." Tyrion told the book, as he opened it to the first page. His eyes taking in every word of the elegantly handwritten script.

The illustrated velum told of the legend of a princess called (Y/n). The only child of the sun and moon, that existed at the time of the first men. According to the tale, the princess was the daughter of the day and the night. She was said to be a being of pure light, of complete perfection, loved by all that met her. And she in turn had fallen in love with a simple mortal named Cayde. A humble, but good and kind man that had sworn to honour and protect her, all of his days. Yet her father, the sun, did not approve of the union between his daughter and the man, and had instead promised his child to the stars, the lords of the night sky. But Cayde, and the princess, loved each other too much to be denied, and had gone against the wishes of the sun, the pair marrying in secret. No one knowing, except from (Y/n)'s mother, the moon.

When her father had discovered that they had wed, the sun had been outraged that his child would go against his wishes. That her actions would bring shame to her family, and her people. And in a fit of rage, he had taken his child's life. The other celestials cursing him for his actions, by sending him to the sky, never to be allowed to return to this world or see his wife ever again. The man, and the moon had mourned the death of (Y/n). Her husband asking (Y/n)'s mother to help him join his bride. To help him protect her body for all time. But the moon could not bear to let the man that had loved her daughter so much, die. So, to ensure that the two could remain together forever, the moon transformed Cayde into a great rocky outcrop that jutted out into the lover's favourite place over the Sunset sea. The princess's heart and soul becoming part of the great rock. Her body protected in the immense caverns under the promontory, by a pair of mighty lions. The two lovers together forever. The story ending by saying that if the princess was ever found, then a man that had as good and noble a heart as the humble man that she had loved, would be able to bring her back to life, and call the daughter of the two great celestial beings, his own.

Tyrion read the story in disbelief. He of course knew of the legend of Casterly Rock. That it was founded and held by House Casterly after the huntsman Corlos Casterly slew a pair of fearsome lions that lived in a gold filled subterranean cave that the castle would be built upon. That House Casterly had been hoodwinked into giving the Rock to Lann the Clever, a legendary trickster that lived thousands of years ago, during the Age of Heroes. A man from which House Lannister boasted decadency through their female line. But Tyrion had never heard of this part of the legend before. He had never heard of a princess (Y/n) that had been protected by the great lions. Never heard that she could still be waiting, buried deep in the gold mines from which the Lannisters drew their wealth.

Suddenly Tyrion slammed the book shut and placed it under his arm, jumping from his seat and making his way back to his rooms. It had been sometime since he had been to Casterly Rock. Sometime since he had seen the seat of his ancestors. But the story of the daughter of the sun and the moon intrigued him so much that he believed that it was time that he made his way back to Lannisport. Back to the place he had been born, in hopes that he could find out more about the fabled princes.

                                                            >>--------------------------------<<

Tyrion looked out of the window of his carriage as it made its way through the bustling streets of the seaport. His eyes looking up to the great grey castle that stood proudly on the promontory. The little lion trying not to laugh as he heard Bronn grumble for what must have been the hundredth time that day.

"I don't know why I had ta leave Kings Landing." Bronn huffed, as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked over at Tyrion who still had his eyes focused on his ancestral home.

"This place better have a brothel. Preferably more than one." The sellsword continued, as Tyrion finally turned his attention to the man sat across from him.

"Firstly, you are here because I pay you very handsomely to watch over me. Therefore, where I go, you need to go. Secondly, Lannisport is a seaport. Of course, it has brothels. There are more than enough whores in this city to keep you busy while we are here." Tyrion reassured. Bronn's eyes lighting up when he noticed a pretty girl as the carriage began to slowly make its way up to Casterly Rock.

"Why are we er anyway? What do they have ere that they don't have in Kings Landing?" Bronn asked, reverting back to his previous grumpy mood as the girl disappeared into the distance.

"We are here because I found out something I didn't know. And when I find out that there is something that I don't know, I wish to find out more. And I can only do that here." Tyrion informed the sellsword, as he pulled out the book that had led him to return to his family home, from under the cloak that shielded him from the stiff breeze that currently whipped around the castle. Carefully thumbing through the velum pages.

"Well, I hope that whatever it is that ya don't know, ya find out about soon. Cos I'm bored already." Bronn replied, as the carriage finally pulled up to a stop in the courtyard of the castle.

"Lord Tyrion. Thank goodness that ya have arrived. We didn't know what ta do when they found it. We didn't know what ta think. But now that ya here.........." An elderly man blurted out as he rushed towards Tyrion and Bronn, bowing respectfully as the little man climbed down from the carriage.

"Timos. What are you talking about? Who has found what?" Tyrion asked, looking between the elderly servant and Bronn, as the sellsword came to stand by his side.

"I think that it's easier that ya come and see fa yaself. I don't think that I can do it justice." Timos informed the little lion, as he ushered both men into the great keep. The three of them stopping as they moved into the great hall. A group of men, that were obviously miners, talking quietly as they crowded around something in the middle of the room.

"Well?" Tyrion asked, the men turning and bowing as the little man waited for an answer.

"We found somethin milord. We hit a new seam a gold not long ago that went in ta tha deepest part a tha mine. As we worked on it, we broke through into a large cavern. And we..........well we........we found this." One of the men informed him, as he and the others parted ways to reveal a solid gold effigy of a sleeping female. The figure crafted so perfectly that it appeared as though she had been fashioned by the most gifted gold smiths. Each strand of hair seemed as fine as spiders' silk. Each eye lash as delicate and individual as the last. Her feature so graceful and exquisite that Tyrion could swear that he was looking at the Maiden herself. The figures of two golden lions that lay at her head and feet leaving Tyrion with only one conclusion. That the miners had found the daughter of the sun and the moon.