Masquerade Ball - Tyrion x Reader

The Starks had not been in Kings Landing long, and to celebrate his old friends arrival in the capital, Robert had decided that a great masquerade ball should be put on to commemorate Ned's appointment as the Hand of the King.

When Ned had arrived in King's Landing it was believed that only his youngest daughters would be accompanying their father; but as the Northerners had arrived, it was obvious that Sansa and Arya were not the only two of his children to make the long journey south.

As Robert and everyone else had watched the Stark's entourage enter the Red Keep, everyone's eyes seemed to fall on Ned and Sansa; but Tyrion was different, he instead noticed a figure behind the Lord of the north, a figure that sat tall and straight on the great grey horse that stood as proudly as its rider. Even though Tyrion could not see the features of the person, he knew as soon as Ned had made his way over to help the person from their mount, that this must be the mysterious oldest daughter of the Starks.

Tyrion watched as the new Hand of the King escorted his second oldest child towards the King, his eyes widening in shock, disbelief and delight as the young woman removed her hood and greeted the king. Not much was known of the oldest female heir of Winterfell, and as Tyrion looked upon her hypnotic beauty, he could well understand why she wore the hood, believing that any man that saw such perfection would instantly fall under its spell; continuing to watch the radiant creature, Tyrion felt the breath leave his lungs as the woman smiled, her face seeming to brighten the cool grey morning, her deep blue eyes sparkling sweetly as the king spoke to her.

"Lady (Y/n), I do not know how it is possible, but I swear to the gods that you are even more beautiful than last I saw you. I must say my old friend, I believe that your daughter is the very personification of a goddess." Robert hummed, as he gently kissed the she wolf's knuckles, keeping her close to his side as he and her father spoke.

Tyrion had done all he could that morning to be introduced to the lady; but before anyone could get further acquainted with the beauty, Robert had escorted her inside the Keep leaving an angry Cersei behind, a sight that Tyrion couldn't  help but find slightly amusing.

Since she had been in the Keep, Tyrion had seen little of lady (Y/n), finding out that most her time seemed to be taken up with watching over her sisters while her father conducted business for the King; but when she was away from her siblings, Tyrion had discovered that she could be found in the training ring, or in the great library, feverishly going through tome after tome, as she hungrily devoured the knowledge from each and every page. As much as he may try, everywhere he went to locate her, he would discover that he had just missed the elusive wolf, finding himself more than irritated that despite his best efforts, she seemed to be able to evade him.

                                                       >>-----------------------------------<<

Tyrion stood in the Great Hall, wearing his finest robes and an devilish mask that he had acquired for the festivities; it seemed that every eligible young lord had come to the capital in hopes of being able to catch a ladies eye, and Tyrion knew that the majority of them had probably come to see if the tales of the beautiful she wolf were true.

"Well, is she here yet?" Jaime asked, as he came to stand by his brother, handing Tyrion a goblet of wine.

"Seeing as all the young men have not stopped primping and preening themselves in every available reflective surface, I would suggest that she isn't." Tyrion sighed, taking a large gulp of the dark red liquid in the glass.

Jaime couldn't help but chuckle softly at the despondent look on his brother's face; he had had the opportunity to speak to the lady (Y/n) who had done nothing but bombard him with questions about Tyrion, and he knew that hopefully by the end of the night, his brother would be in a much better mood.

The two Lannister's turned around when all conversation in the Great Hall seemed to stop, their eyes falling on Ned and two of his daughters as they walked into the room, making their way over to bow before the King; but it was the woman behind the three Starks that seemed to have caught the attention of the mass. Gliding across the floor was the beauteous (Y/n) dressed in a long sweeping gown that seemed to be made entirely of peacock feathers, the stunning visage shimmering in the light of the multitude of candles that lit the huge room, a dainty filigree mask annoyingly covering her exquisite features.

Tyrion could feel his heart pound violently in his chest, as he surveyed the statuesque body of the she wolf, there was something intoxicating about her mere presence in the room, something that had the hoard of young lords almost running to her side as she curtsied gracefully before Robert and Cersei.

                                                                  >>-------------------------------<<

Tyrion had watched as lord after lord had danced with the ravishing (Y/n), even the King had managed to drag himself from his throne to ask the young woman to dance; but despite how much he wished that he could be the next one to sweep her gracefully around the dancefloor, he knew that someone as intelligent and beautiful as (Y/n) would not be interested in a man like him.

As (Y/n) was escorted from the floor by the latest in the long line of dance partners, Tyrion seemed to be the only one that noticed as she discreetly made her way from the hall, seemingly desperate to avoid any further attention.

Tyrion sat in his chair, telling himself over and over again that he should not follow her, that she wanted to be alone, but despite every one of his best intentions to stay away, he found himself escaping the hall and wandering the corridors until he found (Y/n) sat at one of the great windows, looking out onto the star studded sky.

"My lady (Y/n)." Tyrion said, getting the attention of the woman with a soft cough.

"I just came to make sure that you were well, I noticed that you left the festivities, and was slightly concerned for your wellbeing," Tyrion said, as he came to sit beside her in front of the window.

"Thank you for your concern my lord, but I assure you that I am quite well. I have just grown a little weary of the attentions of a lot of foolish prancing peacocks, that seem to care for nothing other than the way they look." (Y/n) sighed, as she smiled down at the man by her side.

"Then what do you care for?" Tyrion asked hesitantly, his eyes widening in shock as he felt (Y/n)'s hand take his.

"I care for men that know what the real world is like, men that have a quick wit, a sound mind, and a good heart. I care for you, Tyrion Lannister." (Y/n) whispered, as she leant over and kissed Tyrion softly on the lips.

"Well, I suppose I should get back to the ball before father notices that I am missing and sends Jory to find me; but if you would be interested in discussing the matter of a possible relationship between the two of us further, I hope to see you in the library tomorrow evening." (Y/n) told Tyrion as she got to her feet, his hand reluctantly slipping from her grasp.

"And if you are so inclined, I would very much like it if you would ask me to dance before the night is out." (Y/n) said with a smile, as she turned to head back towards the Great Hall.

As Tyrion watched (Y/n) walk away, his eyes taking in the seductive sway of her hips as she moved, he knew that no matter what happened, not even the gods could keep him away from that library or that dance.