Green eyed kraken - Theon x Reader

I haven't done a Theon imagine for quite some time and I have promised to do a request for another Theon imagine that I will do when I can come up with a suitable storyline. So, until then, I hope that you will enjoy this sweet little offering. 🐙

Theon watched as his sister (Y/n) fought against Jon in the practice ring, and he couldn't pretend that he liked the relationship that seemed to be flourishing between the two. The Ironborn prince believed that (Y/n) was too young and deserved better than Ned's bastard son, especially given she was a princess; but every time he had tried to speak with her about Jon, (Y/n) had told him to mind his own business. If it had been Robb, Theon fooled himself, he wouldn't have minded so much, Robb was after all his best friend, but with the rivalry that he and Jon shared, even though it was friendly, he found that the idea of losing his sister to him was something he didn't want to contemplate.

Like Theon, (Y/n) had been taken as "ward" by Ned after their father's failed rebellion against the Iron Throne, the nine year old Theon, and five year old (Y/n), only having one another when they had been taken to Winterfell.

To begin with, (Y/n) had depended on Theon for everything, but as she had grown, his sister had become stronger, more confident, and more like a part of the Stark family than he could ever dream of, with (Y/n) even calling Ned and Catelyn, mother and father. That said, and even though (Y/n) couldn't really remember her life with her real family, she had become every inch an Ironborn, and even though she couldn't recall ever seeing the sea, it was as if salt water flowed through her veins.

Theon growled under his breath as he suddenly heard (Y/n) laugh as Jon tripped and fell into her, knocking the two to the floor, an act that caused Theon to jump to his feet as Jon landed on top of (Y/n). He couldn't hear what the pair were saying, but as (Y/n) brushed her fingers through Jon's black hair, Theon knew that he didn't like it, whatever it was.

Despite his outward arrogance, and cockiness, Theon was in fact, insecure, weak and unsure of himself, and even though he would never admit it, he had always needed his younger sister by his side so that he could feel all those things that seemed so natural to (Y/n); but now that she was no longer a child, now that she no longer needed her brother to be always with her, Theon felt as though he had truly lost everything, and as Jon continued to lay on top of (Y/n), Theon knew that he had to do something about it.

Rushing down into the practice ring, Theon grabbed Jon by the scruff of the neck, almost dragging him from his sister, who was staring up at her brother in disbelief.

"STAY AWAY FROM MY SISTER!" Theon exclaimed harshly, as Jon and (Y/n) looked at Theon in confusion, the young prince storming back off into the great castle as Jon helped (Y/n) from the floor.

"I better go and see what's wrong with him. I've never seen him like this before." (Y/n) told Jon, kissing him gently on the cheek, before running off to find her brother.

Theon slammed the door behind him as he stomped into his room. He had had everything taken from him in his life. He had been taken away from his life because of his father, he had been taken away from his older siblings, taken away from the only home that he had known, to be brought to a place where the threat of death had always hung over his head if his father was ever foolish enough to rebel again. The only thing that had not been taken away from him was (Y/n), but now it seemed as if he was going to lose her too.

"Theon! What was all that about?" (Y/n) asked, as she pushed her way into the room, Theon crossing his arms and pouting like a petulant child as she came to sit by his side.

"Theon! Answer me. You can't just drag poor Jon up, tell him to leave me alone, and then not expect to have to explain why you did it." (Y/n) said, beginning to grow impatient at her brother's childish behaviour.

"Why do you act like that with him? You are a princess, not a whore. You should have more respect for yourself and our family." Theon grunted, ignoring the angry glare of his sister.

"Firstly, Theon Greyjoy, I am not acting like a whore, and I have all the respect in the world not only for myself but also the Greyjoy and Stark names. I am not going to pretend that I don't have feelings for Jon, or that he doesn't have feelings for me; but we have done nothing that I feel ashamed of. Secondly, my actions are the same with Robb as they are with Jon, and you never seem to protest that. You are just jealous of Jon." (Y/n) declared with a huff, ignoring Theon as she made for the door, having grown tired of her brother's ridiculous accusations.

"I need you!" Theon called out, stopping (Y/n) in her tracks as she was about to open the door.

"I don't want to lose you (Y/n). Not to Jon, not to anyone." Theon said quietly as (Y/n) turned back to look at him.

"I love you (Y/n). Please stay with me." Theon begged, hating himself for allowing even (Y/n) to see him look so weak.

"Theon. You are my brother, and I will always love you. I might not agree with everything you do, but I will always love you. You are not going to lose me, and even though the Starks are the only family I know, I will never forget what I truly am. I do have feelings for Jon, but I have feelings for Robb too, that doesn't mean that I am going to run off with either of them and leave you all alone." (Y/n) said softly, as she came to sit back down her brother's side and took his hands.

"Promise." Theon asked, as he gripped (Y/n)'s hands tightly.

"I promise. Now, why don't you tell me a story like you used to when I was young." (Y/n) asked, as she lay her head down on Theon's lap, his fingers combing through her hair as he made himself comfortable.

"And what story would that be?" Theon asked with a knowing chuckle, remembering the story he would tell her every night when they had first arrived in Winterfell.

"The one about the seas, of great ships, pirates, and the Drowned God." (Y/n) sighed happily, as Theon pulled her closer. The green eyed kraken not feeling quite so jealous anymore.