In the mirror - Tyrion x Reader

In know that I have already done a Halloween imagine, but I couldn't resist a second. And as I haven't written for Tyrion for about mmmmm....... five minutes, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, and need an imp fix 😁 I'm going to make this a two part imagine and leave you all with a nice little cliff hanger 😄 Hope you enjoy👻

Tyrion pulled the large sheet of dull pale material from his newest possession, standing back and looking at the object with a strange sense of happiness.

The night before, he had been making his way through the streets of Kings Landing, a long night of drinking and whoring leaving the little lord slightly worse for wear. Up until that point it had been just a normal night, and as he stumbled his way through the passageways and alleys nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The streets were quiet, apart from a few patrons that were also staggering out of the many taverns and brothels, some singing, others squaring off as fists flew and missed their targets, the whole scene causing Tyrion to laugh as he took a last gulp of the wine in the goblet he had taken with him, the youngest Lannister throwing the glass to the floor, and chuckling as it smashed into a thousand tiny fragments.

As he looked up from the ground, he spun around trying to get his bearings as he seemed to have found himself in a strange part of town. Tyrion could swear that he knew Kings Landing like the back of his hand, but now he seemed to find himself in a part of the city he didn't even know, a part of the city that shouldn't exist. As he stumbled forward, trying to see a landmark that he recognised, a small light in what appeared to be a shop caught his attention, the candles flickering light seeming to beckon him towards it. As he got closer, he found, in front of him, was an odd little curio shop, Tyrion pressing his nose up against the small panes of glass in the window as he looked at the multitude of unusual items that were on display.

Without a second thought, he had pushed his way into the old shop, a little bell above the shop door ringing out, telling anyone inside that someone had entered.

Tyrion looked around, his eyes falling on a large pile of bits and pieces. Crouching down he carefully began rummaging through the items pushing things aside until his eyes had fallen on a large intricately carved wooden framed mirror. Pushing away some of the dust from the glass, he took in his slightly bedraggled appearance, his fingers brushing delicately across the wood of the frame, taking in each and every knot and contour.

"Can I help you my lord?" A voice asked from behind him, nearly making Tyrion jump out of his skin.

Turning around, Tyrion saw an old man standing in front of him, the man's eyes falling on the mirror that Tyrion had been gazing into.

"Found something that likes you, have you Lord Lannister?" The old man asked with a smile. Tyrion looking at the old man strangely, confused at the unusual question.

"Something that likes me?" He asked, as the old man moved behind the large wooden counter, pulling out an ancient book and opening it to a marked page.

"Why yes young ser. All the items in my shop choose their owners, that particular piece is very special, it must like you. She has never chosen anyone before." The old man replied, not taking his eyes from the pages of his book.

Tyrion found himself getting more and more confused as the old man spoke, the little lion putting it down to a mixture of the copious amounts of alcohol he had consumed, and his presumption that the old man may have lost his wits; but as he looked at the mirror on the floor, he knew he had to have it.

"How much do you want for it?" Tyrion asked, as he pointed to the mirror, his hand rummaging around in his pockets looking for every last bit of gold he may have left in his possession.

"Well, let me see." The man said, as he finally looked up from his book to the large mirror.

"This piece is ancient, intricately carved from the finest and purest weirwood by gifted artisans. Hmmmmmmm....... For you my good lord, it is free, she deserves a good home." The man said, looking back down at his book.

"But.... but I couldn't." Tyrion protested, looking at the mirror and then the old man.

"I need to give you something for it." Tyrion continued, as he walked over to the large counter, the old man rubbing his tired eyes and smiling down at Tyrion.

"The mirror chose you Tyrion, mend her broken heart and look after her, she deserves someone to love her, that is payment enough." The old man chuckled, as he began to usher Tyrion out of the shop.

"Now if you don't mind, I really must close for a while. I will make sure that she is delivered to the Red Keep in the morning." The elderly gentleman told him, as he pushed Tyrion back onto the dark empty street, locking and bolting the door behind him.

True to the old man's word, the mirror had been delivered early the next morning to the Keep, the great glass and its frame appearing even more beautiful in the light of day. As the servant had hung the frame in Tyrion's rooms, the little lion had made his way back onto the streets of Kings Landing in an attempt to relocate the tiny shop, hoping that the old man could answer a question that was now plaguing his mind.

As Tyrion had examined the delicate weirwood frame, he had noticed a name and a date expertly carved into the wood. If the date was to be believe, then the mirror was much older than he had first thought, and the name must have been from just as long ago, Tyrion recognising the name from his readings of the ancient chronicles. (Y/n) had been the daughter of a king, one of the earliest great rulers of the lands. She was said to be the first noble beauty born to man, a young woman of unsurpassed intelligence and honour, of kindness and faith; but one day she had disappeared, seemingly vanishing into the ether, never to be seen again, and Tyrion couldn't help but wonder that given the name and the age of the mirror, whether in fact the item had originally belonged to the lost princess.

Hours later, Tyrion had shuffled his way back into his rooms, frustrated that his search had been fruitless, the little shop seeming, just like the princess, to have vanished into thin air.

As he looked into the mirror that now hung on his wall, Tyrion had been unable to stop himself smiling as his mind drifted back to the old man's words.

"The mirror chose you Tyrion, mend her broken heart and look after her, she deserves someone to love her, that is payment enough."

With a sigh, Tyrion drew back the covers from his bed, sliding his small frame between the sheets as he took one last look at the mirror.

"Well, my lady (Y/n). If it is your heart that needs mending, I am afraid that you may have chose the wrong man. I cannot imagine that I am what you had in mind, when you were looking for a man. But if it is true what the old man said, and that you chose me, then maybe you will just prove me wrong." Tyrion chuckled, as he turned towards the candle next to his bed, blowing out the flame and closing his eyes.