The lady in white - Jon x Reader

I don't know why, but I always seem to struggle to find the right imagines for Jon. I just hope that you all enjoy my latest offering for the pretty crow.

He had seen her from the moment he was brought back from the dead. She would always be there in his peripheral vision, just enough in the shadows of his world that he could never be sure whether she was real.

Jon could swear that he had seen her great white gown on the battlefield when the war had come. He could swear that he had felt her presence whenever an enemy got too close, the Walker seemingly cut down by an invisible force before any harm could befall him. But it was since his return to the Wall with Tormund and the others that he had begun to see her every night, a beautiful spectre that would appear as if from nowhere.

Since the death of Dany, Jon had been struggling to find his place in the world, struggling to live with what he had done; but there was something about the presence of the lady in white that had begun to make him feel as there was still something worth living for.

Every night she would lay with him and take him in her arms. There was part of him that knew she wasn't real, knew she wasn't there, but he refused to believe it. He convinced himself that the lady in white was real, because he needed her to be real.

She would never utter a word while she was with him, but she would listen. Holding him tight she would comb her fingers through his hair as he told her about the day, about all the comings and goings around Castle Black, and about how he was learning his new role in what seemed like a new world. Kissing his head, she would always nod at just the right moment so that Jon knew she understood. 

As he waited for her to arrive, his eyes fell onto the door of his room, the moonlight illuminating the portal through which she would enter; his heart raced as she appeared, walking through the locked door. He sat bolt upright in his bed, his eyes meeting her pale grey orbs, a soft smile gracing her lips as she moved to the bed and sat down beside him.

"You came." Jon sighed happily as he placed his head into her lap, not noticing the simple nod and smile that she gave him in reply

"Please speak to me, I need to know you're real; I need to know that you aren't just a beautiful figment of my imagination." Jon pleaded, as he suddenly sat, taking the woman's face gently in his hands. 

"Will my voice actually prove to you that I am real? Couldn't that too be a figment of your imagination? Isn't it enough to know that I come to you every night to hold you in my arms, and love you as you truly should be?" The lady sighed as she dropped her head.

Jon's face lit up. He knew that he could not imagine a voice so perfect. A voice that he would gratefully drown in for the rest of his life.

"What are you? Why do you come here?" Jon asked as he took her hand in his, praying that she would not suddenly vanish.

She raised her eyes to meet his. "What do you think I am? What do you want me to be?" The lady asked as Jon moved so close that he could swear that he could feel her heart beat.

"You're my angel, you have to be. You have to be real because I could never imagine something as perfect as you. You have to be real because you show me love like I've never known. You're the only one that has shown me that there is still something worth living for. I know you love me; I can feel it, but why do you? I know that I am not worthy of you." Jon told her, the lady watching as a single tear graced his stubbled cheek, Jon leaning into her touch as she brushed it away.

"I do love you Jon, I have love you since the first moment you were born. You are mine and you always will be." The lady replied, pressing a kiss to his forehead, as Jon looked into her eyes.