Day of Hearts - Sandor x Reader

Obviously GoT don't have the special days in the year like we have. But as tomorrow is Valentines Day, and as I am a soppy old hopeless romantic, I thought that I would come up with a similar day for them. I hope you all enjoy.🌹💖🥰

The Day of Hearts. That special day of the year when love seemed to overcome everything. The day when battles and war were never fought. The day when disagreements and anger were forgotten.

It was a day when men, from the humblest smallfolk to the mightiest lord would do their best to make the woman they loved, feel like a queen. A day when women would make their men feel like a king. When the young would ask for the hands of the one they loved, and the old would sit and reminisce about the ups and downs of their life together. But to (Y/n) it was complete hokum, and she couldn't wait for the whole thing to be over, so that people would regain their senses and life would get back to normal.

(Y/n) had never been one for all this romance rubbish. She had never had time for it. Along with her older brother, Bronn, (Y/n) had never experienced that emotion between her parents. She had never really admitted to giving it a passing thought as she had struggled and fought alongside her brother to survive in the world. Seeing her trusted sword and bow as the only loves of her life.

Being a sellsword had never really leant itself to (Y/n) being the kind of woman that men would look at with anything but fear. And her brother's antics with the fairer sex had made her question whether anything like love could actually exist. For she had listened to Bronn, as they sat in a tavern, tell some silly little thing that he loved her just so that he could share a warm bed, and body for the night, so many times, that (Y/n) believed that men would tell a woman anything if it meant that they had their needs taken care of.

Normally (Y/n) would find other things to preoccupy her on the Day of Hearts. Other things so that she could leave her brother to his conquests. But now that they were in Kings Landing, there seemed no way to escape the damn day. And (Y/n), much to her brother's amusement, couldn't help but grumble.

The great Red Keep was decorated for the coming day of love's celebrations. And wherever she went in the city, there seemed to be similar celebrations planned. Resulting in the only respite (Y/n) could find, being in either her own rooms, Bronn's, or Tyrion's. The rooms of the little lion, being the place she found herself now.

"Bronn. I swear to the gods if I have to listen to you talk about love any more, I am going to run you through. We both know that you couldn't possibly love anyone more than you love yourself. And the only place that you and Tyrion will be tomorrow, is at one of the many brothels you frequent, paying for that so called "love". (Y/n) scoffed. As Tyrion poured her another glass of wine.

"Come on (Y/n). There must be man in Kings Landing that has caught ya eye. I don't want my sister dying a maid. If ya like, I'm sure that Baelish has a nice young man available, that would be prepared ta close his eyes and pretend ya were something pretty." Bronn chuckled as he looked over the top of his glass. Watching as his sister's hand moved down to the hilt of her dagger.

He knew that he shouldn't tease (Y/n). He knew that if he wanted to see the next morning, he should probably apologise. But this was how they were with one another. This was how they had always been with one another. And a habit was a hard thing to break. Bronn thought that his younger sister was the most precious thing in the world. She had been the only thing that he could rely on. The only one that had stood with him through everything. And even though he would never admit it to her, he dreaded losing her. Over the years, unbeknownst to (Y/n), she had had more than her fair share of suitors. More than her fair share of men wishing to tell her that she was the one they wanted. But Bronn had gone out of his way to make sure that these suitors never got close enough. Yet in Kings Landing, no matter what he did, there always seemed to be another perspective love, hiding around the corner. And he knew that he couldn't prevent (Y/n) from realising that men wanted her, any longer.