17) Pick You Up

Y/N POV

Y/N: "I'm not lying... it's not really about my talent Yena...I-It just that... I think my body will fail me if I perform that particular song..." you said, deciding on telling her the truth...

The truth you kept for so long. The reason why you couldn't debut. The truth about your injured leg and the accident that caused it...

Yena: "What? What you're talking about..." she said, wondering what nonsense you were spitting out. "I don't understand. Your body will fail you? What does that even mean?" she questioned, trying to get to the point.

You weren't sure how to explain it clearly, so you decided to show her your wound. The wound the drunk driver left on your flawless body. A scar left from the crash... You never showed anyone besides your family, but it was a massive scar. The scar was ginormous, basically covering your whole left leg.

You stand up and pull up the sleeves of your left pants, revealing the scar you had hidden for the whole time you knew each other. You watched as Yena's face turned to one filled with horror as she finally saw the unpleasant mark on your left leg.

As Yena saw the mark, she couldn't help but be shocked. With winding eyes, she moved a bit back, bewildered by what she just saw.

Yena: "Y--Y/N... Wh--why do you have a giant scar on your l-leg?" she stuttered, her paralyzed with confusion. Now that you showed her the scar might as well tell her the whole story.

Y/N: "You see... I was a victim of a drunk driver accident," you said, beginning to tell her the story. "This accident caused my leg to be severely damaged, and it was to a point where I couldn't perform at all..." you said as Yena's ears were all on you.

You begin to tell her the story about how you failed your live audition, and because of your leg, you couldn't debut with "Golden Child." As you told her the grueling details about your past, Yena's focus was completely on you. Letting each word you spoke sink into her brain. You finished your story leaving Yena shocked and you in an upset mood.

You begin to remember the pain you felt after failing your Live Performance. All the hard work you put in, just to become an Idol wasted in just one performance. A performance you couldn't even finish. All because of one accident... An accident that wasn't even your fault...

No one is born perfect. No one CAN be perfect. You can only work hard to achieve the essence of this perfect state. So when you try tirelessly to become an idol, just for it to be snatched away from you... When you were so close, just to let it disappear in front of you... It hurts... And it was unfair.

All of your dreams were crushed because of one person, who you didn't even know, reckless behavior. "Life was unfair..." you thought those words in your head until Yena began to talk.

" you thought those words in your head until Yena began to talk

Yena: "Oh my god Y/N... I understand now why you seemed very anxious hearing the announcement," she said, finally figuring out the reason why you didn't want to perform Spring Day. "Don't worry about it, Y/N... You always get a second chance, and if that doesn't work... Then you will get a third chance and a fourth and a fifth! You can do this!" she said, putting up a smile, wanting to cheer you up. She grabs your hand, but you shake her off.