35) Elimination

Yena POV

After the Concept evaluation, you were then put into the final elimination, deciding the final 20 of your season. Getting into this portion of the show was the most crucial stage in produce; it basically being your only way to debut.

For this season's debut group, there would be 12 members instead of the standard 11. Although it may look like only one position more, this position was essential. You needed all the chances you could get, especially since your rank went lower by three ranks due to the halftime evaluation, it becoming 19th.

As you walked inside the ceremony hall, you were stressed about getting eliminated. Your rank was pretty low and your chance of getting kicked off being high. However, you then remember what Y/N told you.

"Have faith in your fans... Keep being you, and everything should work out," you remember him saying, making you smile a bit. Even if your rank went down, you wouldn't be here without your fans. You had to trust them and prayed they voted for you.

When the whole elimination finally started, you were extremely nervous. As you held Yiren's and Sihyeon's hands, you prayed that we all could survive the elimination together. You guys have been training for so long together, and you really wanted to debut with them.

The Producer eventually called you up, making it into the final 20 of Produce 48, ranked 16th

The Producer eventually called you up, making it into the final 20 of Produce 48, ranked 16th. As you sat on the 16th chair spot, you looked down at your friends who were still at the bottom of the platform. As you waited for their names to be called up, it stung your heart when each trainee was called for the other ranks, since it wasn't the two you cared the most about.

After the other talented trainees took the last remaining spot, you knew your friends wouldn't make it... Yiren and Sihyeon got eliminated during the elimination, even though both were centers for their individual groups, and did an amazing job.

You were, of course, devastated by them leaving you. When the ceremony was finally over, you rushed over to them and gave the two a big hug.

Sihyeon: "Even though we w-won't be with you... You have to debut, okay?" she said as she began to cry.

 You have to debut, okay?" she said as she began to cry

Yiren: "You can do this, U-Unnie... We both believe in you..." she said while giving you a tight embrace.

Today was a day that was filled with waterworks, but you had to keep going to achieve your dreams. You have to keep pushing, even though it was hard. As the other trainees begin to leave, you need to practice harder if you want to debut.

The only thing giving you the constant determination to keep going was your dream to be an idol. You were so close... Just a little push left... You were ranked 16th; if you could get into the final 12, your dreams of debuting would finally come to life.

You wanted to be an idol so severely... And with the encouragement of the other Yuehua trainees, your goal was to become the next center of our last performance...

-------------------------

Throughout the days preparing for our last stage, you were practicing nonstop. You had your eyes on the center title, and you wanted it bad. You heard about the debut center theory... If you were center for the last song, the debuting evaluation, you would debut. Although it was a myth, this inspired you to try your best.

As you were practicing your hardest to prepare for your last stage on Produce 48, the staff randomly came in and asked which loved ones you wanted to invite to the final showcase.

The staff only allowed you to invite four people for free, and you wonder who you should ask and support you. You definitely wanted to invite your family, which would be three members down, being your mother, father, and older brother. However, you had another person in mind as well—a person with a heart of gold and the kindness of an angel.

It was Y/N..."Would he come?" you asked yourself. "He might be a little busy..." As you contemplated inviting him, you then decided to because he helped you out so much. During some of the worst moments you had on the show, he appeared and helped you out... It was only fair if you invited him...

However, there was another reason. You just wanted to see him... You wanted to see his warm smile when he saw you finally achieve your dream, him being proud of you. As you give the staff Y/N's contact information, you prayed that he would show up and watch as you hopefully debut.

-------------------

Y/N POV

After producing "I Am", it was time to make a new song. You sat in the studio, doing your new task assigned from Woollim. This time you would be making a song for Cube Entertainment. At first, you thought it was odd since Hui from Pentagon, literally a god of music production, was signed under Cube. Why couldn't he just make the song for them? However, that soon rolled over your head.

The song was going to be for CLC,  and you wanted to make sure they would have a good comeback with your song

The song was going to be for CLC,  and you wanted to make sure they would have a good comeback with your song. After working for several hours, trying to make a song, you got a notification from your phone.

As you checked it, it was an email from someone who claims to be part of the Produce 48 staff. You begin to read the email and you were invited by Produce 48 staff to attend the last performance.

"Hello Y/N,

Choi Yena has selected you to attend the Debut evaluation. If you agree to come, you would be seated in the "Friends or loved ones" section for the young idol, with a clear view of the trainees. Please confirm with this email if you were going to attend."

Whoa... You didn't, Yena would personally invite you. You were planning to go anyway, but for you to be selected to be one of the duck's loved ones to put a comfy feeling in your heart. As you look at the email, you confirm it with a smile. You definitely will go and support the little duck you cared so much about.

------------

Pretty lame chapter today. Just wanted to get the whole elimination and invite out if the way. But yeah, pretty sure won't be update tomorrow but who knows.

I lowkey want to get the produce arc over so I can get into fluff T-T. Anyway hope y'all have a nice day and see you soon