24) Don't Worry

Yena POV

Due to all trainees being separated, each trainee having their own practice room preparing for the CEO show, you felt somewhat unmotivated and lonely. During the whole Collaboration Practices, you would only practice because Y/N would force you.

Although he might seem like a stuck-up and always wanting to practice, you honestly, missed Y/N's presence. During the Collaboration Practices, he made your whole training experience an enjoyable one, instead of a stressed-out one. Even though we had so much on our plates, Y/N was the one person that made it seem bearable. With his great work ethic and his passion, it somewhat persuaded you to be the same.

However, since you were no longer working with him, you were slowly reverting back into your procrastinating self, becoming a bit on the lazy side when it came to training. You knew that this last performance would be essential for your future, but something didn't feel right. You weren't sure what your goal should be...

You wanted to debut, that was for sure, but was there anything else? You knew you had to try if you wanted to succeed, but it was hard to find the motivation to do so. With no one pushing you, and with the freedom of basically making your own performance, you were in a bit of a shambles.

An example of what you were feeling in everyday daily life is: "You had an essay due, but you were procrastinating, not having the motivation to complete the assignment. You wanted an A in the class, but you just weren't motivated to start writing. That was the feeling you felt.

However, your burning flame for practice was soon reignited when you remember the promise you made with Y/N. The promise saying that we would both debut and perform the song we created together.

To be honest, the promise you both made meant a lot to you. Not only because he was your best friend, but also because you wanted a future where both you and Y/N were both successful idols. You knew he was doing his best to keep his word, and you should do the same. If you wanted to keep your promise and debut, then you would need to work hard... It was plain and simple. And if you don't, then all your effort would be a waste of time.

You begin to practice your hardest, wanting to keep your promise and debut with Y/N. You knew he was doing all he could to debut, even with his injured leg finally. Not only did he have more skills than most professional Kpop idols, but he also had the willpower and the mindset to succeed. After all, he was the best trainee in both Woollim and Yuehua, and he didn't earn that spot for no reason.

As you rehearse your song with all your heart, you feel completely in tune with the song you chose. Even during the Trainer feedback, you were ranked the most prepared compared to the other trainees.

This was because not only did you know the song well, since you loved when you were your brother sang it to you, but your concept also fit the groove of the song to a tee

Not only were your high notes on point and but to add on the short rap, it was a great song that showed off your talent extensively. However, if you wanted to debut with Y/N, then you had to keep on practicing until you knew the whole song from the back of your hand.